Jack Nevada

I cant stand how..

I hate the line "There's a storm coming.". I dunno. I just roll my eyes whenever I hear it. C'mon guys, be a little more imaginative with your foreshadowing.

I'd really like to see what you would've used instead of that, lol.

the reason kid's movies shouldn't use 'sexy and you know it' isn't because their precious little minds can't handle hearing the word sex...it's because it's stupid and about as funny as being forced to eat your own daughter alive.

• Like 2

the reason kid's movies shouldn't use 'sexy and you know it' isn't because their precious little minds can't handle hearing the word sex...it's because it's stupid and about as funny as being forced to eat your own daughter alive.

Why should a movie targeting an age group of 3 to 8 have "sexy" in it? The old Disney films didn't see a need to, same with Pixar and Illumination. Is it that bad to think kids movies should be innocent? And I do think the song is terrible - I'd rather they just write original songs. It's more marketable IMO. Plus, there's already few enough G rated movies nowadays as it is. Doesn't help that anything starring humans in danger gets a PG by default lol.

I can't stand how...

...overblown score is now exclusive way of inducing some emotion in the audience because the script, zero chemistry between actors, wooden acting can't. So music blares and blares during every scene where heroes we don't give a shit about try to make us feel for them and all that one feels is eardrum pain. Note to film-makers: I know very well when it's sad score that makes me feel sad and when it's actual content that does. So just because Hans Zimmer or Howard Shore extracted a tear or two from me it doesn't mean your movie isn't an emotional flatliner. it is or you wouldn't need bombast score in the foreground in the first place.

Dead birds have to fly into the side of a house in all "horror" movies these days. "There's also been occurences of birds flying into the side of my house and breaking their necks" cue screechy violin. :rolleyes: SOOOOOOOOO annoying!

I also can't stand how people always seem to be shit at aiming in action movies (im talking to you Nolan.) Inception - Leo is running from people trying to kill him (in the real world) and are only about 10ft behind him but can't seem to get a single shot on target. TDK (hong kong scene) Batman is beating guys up whilst 3 others are shooting from a few feet away but can't hit him coz he's batman.It's happens in most films featuring guns, unless of course the main character is the one shooting.

I also can't stand how people always seem to be shit at aiming in action movies (im talking to you Nolan.)Inception - Leo is running from people trying to kill him (in the real world) and are only about 10ft behind him but can't seem to get a single shot on target.TDK (hong kong scene) Batman is beating guys up whilst 3 others are shooting from a few feet away but can't hit him coz he's batman.It's happens in most films featuring guns, unless of course the main character is the one shooting.

There are 1,000's of worse examples of this then TDK and Inception... 

I hate it when

- I could figure out the twist of the movie at the first clue and had to spend over and hour from that point waiting for the story to catch up.

- The last survivor of the slashers/horrors movies happened the most fragile and clueless girl in the group. 

I'm getting all the more annoyed by movies having foreign characters speak their own language while being around the Anglophonic main character if they're not directly talking to him/her, but then have them speak English whenever the main character isn't there to hear it. It only ruins the credibility.

Edited by C00k13

When in movies they do answer question in film. Amazing Spider man and Prometheus. Amazing Spider-Man "who are my parents and what did they do" Find out of the course of the next three films to find the answer.

Prometheus is the worst offender of this. There was an alien at the end and that is it. They asked more question and give the audience no answers. Why did engineers create the alien. Why did they visit earth? Where do these engineers come from, ect.    

Edited by Dexter of Suburbia
  • Like 1