Jack Nevada

I cant stand how..

.. these days every time a character is eating in a movie we have to hear all the munching, crunching and slurping in grisly detail. I already dont like to hear people much their food, so hearing it in surround is even worse. 

I guess this would be a "That little thing in movies that drives me crazy". What minor thing has become your pet peeve?

• Like 1

Also things that show a lack of imagination involving children:

Using children as the most creepy things on the planet in horror movies never really works for me.

Nor does using them saying rude shit. Always seems like the cheapest way to get a laugh. Like I hear people go on about how hilarious it was in The Descendants when that little girl just said "twat" a bunch of times or when she flipped her middle finger at that guy. Seriously?

• Like 1

Also things that show a lack of imagination involving children:

Using children as the most creepy things on the planet in horror movies never really works for me.

THIS. Oh my god, there's just nothing scary about moping kids in nightgowns. Its such bullshit

I think that the thing I hate most is when the main character, usually in an pure no brainer action movie, fights a whole army, ALONE, gets shot and stabbed a few times, and still manages to beat them all and walk out on his own...

• Like 3

The Next time I see a mother fucking person die on screen and come back to life, Im gonna walk myself off a cliff.  

I swear I think ive seen 6 movies this year were if they would have had the balls to actually kill the person I would have giving it 1 full letter grade up. 

• Like 1

I now hate that moment when the bad guy stops to monologue and lecture the good guy (when the latter is in a weak position and the bad guy could easily defeat him at this point of the movie) on how they're more of the same. Two sides of the same coin shit.

"You know, you and me are not that different. In fact, in the end, you gotta face it...You're like me!!!" And then the good guy always have to respond some way "NOOOOO, I'm not like you because I'm the GOOOOD guy and you're the Bad guy!!!!"

(Used since The Empire Strikes Back at least)

Also the ship/plane/whatever thing flying in a way or another that falls to crash (with sound FX) *silence* and miraculously fly up in front of the camera with heroic theme sweeping. Lame suspense trope.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 4

When movies have characters on the verge of death or getting shot by 123019237123 bullets and still surviving when it's so fucking obvious that they're gonna die. It's logic defying, odd, and lacking in conviction. 

• Like 2

When movies have characters on the verge of death or getting shot by 123019237123 bullets and still surviving when it's so fucking obvious that they're gonna die. It's logic defying, odd, and lacking in conviction. 

50 Cent represent

• Like 1

When a person is getting punched multiple times in the face and still manages to go on without any sign of pain or injury as if it was a balloon hitting him. And the over exaggerated sound effects that go with it.

• Like 3

Gopher, What movies this year has that happened in?

Star Trek Into Darkness. Last year it was The Avengers and Skyfall. Before that was TDK. 

My pet peeve.....fast cut shakey cam....just let us see the damn fight already!

You're gonna loooooovvvvvveeeee Man of Steel. 

• Like 1

I now hate that moment when the bad guy stops to monologue and lecture the good guy (when the latter is in a weak position and the bad guy could easily defeat him at this point of the movie) on how they're more of the same. Two sides of the same coin shit.

"You know, you and me are not that different. In fact, in the end, you gotta face it...You're like me!!!" And then the good guy always have to respond some way "NOOOOO, I'm not like you because I'm the GOOOOD guy and you're the Bad guy!!!!"

(Used since The Empire Strikes Back at least)

Also the ship/plane/whatever thing flying in a way or another that falls to crash (with sound FX) *silence* and miraculously fly up in front of the camera with heroic theme sweeping. Lame suspense trope.

THIS!!

Star Trek Into Darkness. Last year it was The Avengers and Skyfall. Before that was TDK. 

Khan didn't plan on getting captured, he simply had no other option once he learned his Botany Bay crew was on the Enterprise and primed to be turned into human projectiles.

It's a far more realistic scenario than those other three movies where the crux of the villain's plot involved getting captured and springing chaos from within to further the next step. Here Khan was forced to submit and then once in custody had to scramble to figure out how to save his crew, obtain leverage, and then finally acquire the ability to retaliate against Admiral Marcus. He was improvising.

• Like 13

I think that the thing I hate most is when the main character, usually in an pure no brainer action movie, fights a whole army, ALONE, gets shot and stabbed a few times, and still manages to beat them all and walk out on his own...

THIS. Easily the worst part of Looper