Jack Nevada

I cant stand how..

Gopher, What movies this year has that happened in?My pet peeve.....fast cut shakey cam....just let us see the damn fight already!

Star Trek Into Darkness. Last year it was The Avengers and Skyfall. Before that was TDK.

Khan didn't plan on getting captured, he simply had no other option once he learned his Botany Bay crew was on the Enterprise and primed to be turned into human projectiles. It's a far more realistic scenario than those other three movies where the crux of the villain's plot involved getting captured and springing chaos from within to further the next step. Here Khan was forced to submit and then once in custody had to scramble to figure out how to save his crew, obtain leverage, and then finally acquire the ability to retaliate against Admiral Marcus. He was improvising.

Well played Phil.
  • Like 3

When characters (mostly in horror movies) make really really stupid decisions, decisions that NO ONE would make in real life

Without that, you wouldn't have horror movies pretty much as they would get of the situation like they rightfully should and there would be no movie.

Timeline mishaps. Like it's 8:30 at night and it's like noon time sun shining through the windows. Then all of a sudden it's pitch dark. Irritates me to no end. Or like from one scene to another when it's only been like 30 minutes and it started at 4:30pm

I love slasher movies, but if there's one thing I can't stand it's when friends, or even worse the police, try to convince the protagonist that they haven't just seen a dead body or a killer or whatever. If someone says they've seen a dead body you fucking listen to them.

• Like 3

When people guess out loud what will happen next or a twist in the movie.  It spoils it for me if they turn out to be right and they foresaw it more quickly than I did.  

It's like watching Empire Strikes Back and hearing your prescient friend say aloud "You know, I bet Darth Vader is Luke's father".  That gets me so angry.

That's why I watch anticipated movies alone the first time...haha

• Like 1

Soneone pointed this out to me, and I have noticed that it's true a lot of times since. In movies, it seems that the black guys are usually the one who die first in a group.

• Like 1

A lot of things have already been mentioned, but a few more for myself are:

- really generic scores and soundtracks for films, that sound like they could have been from a dozen other films. It really takes me out of the film's experience

- the overuse of lens flares, which today there is ONE director who is notorious for this! That really pisses me off!

- the overuse of the "Inception trailer sound" for dramatic effect in trailers and films themselves. This has become extremely annoying, and shows absolutely zero creativity

- completely messing up the atmosphere and tone in a film, for example using one-liners and jokes during really dramatic, tense or very serious moments. This almost always ruins the film experience for me

- the obsession with 3D, as I absolutely cannot stand 3D.

That's all I can think of for now.

Edited by ACCA

Kids movies with "I'm Sexy and I Know It" in their soundtrack - remember when G rated songs played in kids movies: original ones too!!I also hate most potty humor (Despicable Me is a clever exception lol), cuss words that don't need to be there, shaky cam, pop culture references, and hollow plots. And when the villain's plan was to get captured lol.But the Inception music is funny so I say keep it haha.

I don't think I've seen a kids movie that's actually had the song. I found it pretty amusing that the scene it was advertised with for Madagascar 3 ended up using Enya instead.

Hotel Transylvania used it 2 or 3 times I believe. Either way, kids movies don't need that kind of music in their advertising - its a PG-13 song IMO. Why not just make a great trailer like Toy Story 3, Despicable Me 2's teaser, and Frozen? Or a great movie with original songs?
  • Like 1