#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

So another words, it might be a little overkill on the part of the theatre chain for adding so many shows when it's probably not necessary??? Hell, that's like on the hour, by the hour..

It's not overkill. They'd rather easily meet demand than get caught with their pants down like with Avengers last year.

• Like 1

So another words, it might be a little overkill on the part of the theatre chain for adding so many shows when it's probably not necessary??? Hell, that's like on the hour, by the hour..

I agree, but that doesn't stop the theaters. IM3 was playing like every 40 minutes in many theaters around here.

Too early to take these projections seriously ...

Rth won't give us his real estimate until 3-4am eastern, but for now it's safe to say that it looks like MOS is off to a really good start on Friday.

• Like 1

I think it's very unlikely that a $50m Friday (assuming they are counting the entire $21 as part of Friday) would lead to $120m.

I agree. But it's all speculation until we start getting more specifics (sneaks+mids+Friday? Mids+Friday, sneaks excluded? etc)

Nope, it locks 125m due to Father's Day. I think it's headed toward a 125-140m OW depending on WoM.

Unless it goes beyond TA and IM3 and stays flat from opening day on Saturday then you have 140 million

To make a profit they do. Stores that do a preview need to make a profit.

Point is they dont necessarily need to make profit by reselling the tickets, though having stores does make them less suspicious for buying millions tickets from movie studios.

It could simply be a dirty accounting within WM or a dirty exchange between WM and WB or maybe just some kind of bribery ... who knows.

It's not even 1pm here in southern California and they're saying it's on pace for $45m? That number should go up, there's gonna be a lot of walk up business and I'm sure the people who saw it midnight will want to watch it again either today or sometime this weekend. Trust me, I saw it last night, and I'm having a hard time soaking in what I just saw. I'm definitely watching it again. For the record, in terms of quality, it was a lot better than IM3. No Fuckin Joke!

I don't recall Disney reporting the numbers separately. Can you provide a quick link?

thanks!

They didn't.  That's the point.  You're creating biased data if two separate ways of reporting determine what a film is grossing during the same time frame.  If we say Iron Man 3 made 68 million OD and MoS makes 12 million on Thursday and 40 million on Friday then the system is flawed.  And I don't see why BOM can't regulate that so that there's a standard for their own site.

Edited by RyneOh1040