#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

Oh I know ... but whether it's counted towards the June record or not is the question.  The movie might get 111 without it, but it will be close.

It'll be counted towards the June record because it's a pre-sale for June shows. There's no reason to count it anywhere else.

I'd say guaranteed it doesn't get there. It'd have to hit about 36-37M today to get there. 

Well, Rth's range is 34-37 ... and it's likely dropping less than 15% tomorrow if history is an indication, so I'd say it's 50/50 to reach it.  WB will do everything they can to get it though.

Either way, it should clear 120 total.

Edited by agkman

MOS did well today...It had full show all day today however night time business was not as busy.

Only a few times is Sat night busier then Fri night for a huge opener around here.

It might not be an "Oscar-worthy" (whatever that means) performance, but Talia's death is far from one of the worst ever. It's totally passable for a blockbuster movie. Internet fans just trash it because it's a Nolan movie and it's a scene that didn't hit it out of the ballpark.

Res ipsa loquitur... The Fact speaks for itself..

But hey Shawn it at least beats this..

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

Well, Rth's range is 34-37 ... and it's likely dropping less than 15% tomorrow if history is an indication, so I'd say it's 50/50 to reach it.  WB will do everything they can to get it though.

If it misses the June Record WB will definitely count it. If it makes it, they might not. 

Regardless, it's just crazy to talk about a Superman film making that kind of money considering how in the dumps he's been for years.  WB have given themselves a co-op for Batman ... now they just need to look towards the rest of their stable of heroes and build them up.  If Marvel can build up Thor and Captain America ... DC should be able to build up Wonder Woman & Flash IMO.

Edited by agkman
  • Like 6

Either way, it should clear 120 total.

I'm thinking it might drop more than 15%. Possibly 20%. 

How do you know it will drop so little on Father's Day? Isn't there an NBA final that day? That seems like a father's day activity. Do you have a comparison for other big openers on that day? 

How do you know it will drop so little on Father's Day? Isn't there an NBA final that day? That seems like a father's day activity. Do you have a comparison for other big openers on that day? 

Eh, the NBA Finals excuse is boring to me ... NBA is NOT the NFL when it comes to ratings ... plus, Green Lantern dropped 9% on FD in 2011 ...and there was another film, I'm not sure what it was that was also mentioned doing great ... maybe it was Batman Begins.

Edited by agkman
  • Like 1

Come on everyone, please just post something. Many of us here need this thread to reach 250 pages  :D

Nikki says Sat matinees are very strong and the same as Fri.

• Like 1

MOS did well today...It had full show all day today however night time business was not as busy.

Only a few times is Sat night busier then Fri night for a huge opener around here.

Yean Can seem to be showing so good holds/increases

• Like 3

I thought the release of MOS will make it the film we endlessly debate over like TDKR.

However it sees like MOS was just fun and nothing to debate endlessly over about. 

What a disappointment :P . 

Eh, the NBA Finals excuse is boring to me ... NBA is NOT the NFL when it comes to ratings ... plus, Green Lantern dropped 9% in 2011 ...and there was another film, I'm not sure what it was that was also mentioned doing great. 

I think NBA is a legit excuse. Maybe it's bigger where I live. Green Lantern didn't have as high as an opening day as Man of Steel, so that's why it dropped so little. I guess we'll wait and see. 

Edited by ban1o