#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

Just imagine Uni did something similar to this with RIPD, so it would be called the surprise of the summer, instead the flop of the summer  :wacko:

Edited by BoxOfficeAmateur

Google should have bought 20m worth of tickets for The Internship.

Google doesn't need to advertise themselves. They need advertisements come to them.

Edited by VGPOP

So, with Friday actuals, if MoS has GL drops (basically bad word of mouth drops, but since MoS is starting from a higher base, these may be realistic), this is how the rest of the weekend should play:

Fri: 44.1M 

Sat: 36M (-20%)

Sun: 32M (-10%)

Weekend: 112M without Walmart, 124M with Walmart. Of course, we don't know the actual number of tickets sold by Walmart, because those should ideally be included in midnights (the actuals) and recalculated.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

Every shwarma outlet in North America should have pooled in together and purchased about 30m worth of Avengers tickets, so that TA could beat Titanic DOM gross. :D

TA taught me about shwarma. It's not every day that a movie teaches you something. And don't lie you message board tough guys....none of you knew what shwarma was either before TA. ;)

• Like 3

If the argument is that Walmart didn't sell all the tickets, them 12M proves it.Walmart had 1M tickets to sell.$9 2D$11 3DAssuming they were 50/50(2D/3D), if Walmart sold all tickets it would be more than 12M...Am I correct? Or has this forum lowered my intelligence in the last 24 hours?

Assuming a 50/50 2D/3D ratio, it should only amount to $10M, and in fact the total can't get higher than $11M. From what I gather, you live in NYC so if there are regional differences, your prices for the Walmart tix are probably the highest Walmart charged because you live in a large urban area.

As i understand it, Walmart was giving buyers of the tickets the option to reserve/pre-order MoS blu-rays. If Walmart did overpay for the tickets @$12M for 1M tix, it seemed like they banked on being able to re-coup some of this money from customers buying the blu-ray when they are released. As well as maybe banking on customers who came in just to buy tickets but also end up impulse-buying other things while they were there.

TA taught me about shwarma. It's not every day that a movie teaches you something. And don't lie you message board tough guys....none of you knew what shwarma was either before TA. ;)

I did. :P well I knew them as donairs but they're pretty much the same thing.
  • Like 1

Assuming a 50/50 2D/3D ratio, it should only amount to $10M, and in fact the total can't get higher than $11M. From what I gather, you live in NYC so if there are regional differences, your prices for the Walmart tix are probably the highest Walmart charged because you live in a large urban area.

As i understand it, Walmart was giving buyers of the tickets the option to reserve/pre-order MoS blu-rays. If Walmart did overpay for the tickets @$12M for 1M tix, it seemed like they banked on being able to re-coup some of this money from customers buying the blu-ray when they are released. As well as maybe banking on customers who came in just to buy tickets but also end up impulse-buying other things while they were there.

No Walmarts in NYC, lol

To put MoS performance into context, the MoS opening day > GL OW, and MoS OW may be greater than GL's entire run.

Poor GL, can't catch a break even after 2 years  :lol: Well, the fact that its terrible BO performance is mentioned together with MOS is an honor I guess  :P

• Like 4