#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

BFI top of my head 4 or 5Sydney George st is to Australia what Empire 25 is to NA,it's also one of the biggest grossing in the world

That's interesting to know, I've yet to visit either Westfield Vues or Odeon Leceister Square which are the top grossing UK cinemas. I guess like the Empire 25, the Event Cinema on George Street is in a prime location, Edited by Jonwo

Some even hit within 8 months. The Campaign started on HBO in April, I think.

Yep. Sometimes it can be even faster than that. I swear, John Carter hit Starz within 6-7 months.  That was John Carter though. One cannot underestimate the floppage of John Carter. Come to think of it, all the movies hit Starz super quick. HBO is pretty slow in this regard.

(I thought John Carter was decent)

Well, I almost spoiled the movie ... forgot what thread I was in.

Regardless, I saw it with my brother and enjoyed it once again ... cried in one scene ... and I've always hated Lois, but Amy Adams was very good IMO as Lois.

Maybe I'll see it one more time in a few weeks before it leaves theaters.

Edited by agkman
  • Like 1

Best Movie of the Decade so far is TTSS. Most emotionally gripping and affecting is a tie between Weekend and Amour. And probably the most memorable are those three plus WNTTAK and Skyfall. Skyfall especially, I can still remember everything about that movie. It was an expertly crafted movie that juxtaposed modernity and moving into the future with tradition and empire. The writers totally outdid themselves, and absolutely drove in the message with the Tennyson quote (which I loved before the movie), "We are not now that strength which in old days moved heaven and earth. That which we are; we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive to seek to find and not to yield." That was beautiful and made me tear up a little. 

• Like 4

Yep. Sometimes it can be even faster than that. I swear, John Carter hit Starz within 6-7 months.  That was John Carter though. One cannot underestimate the floppage of John Carter. Come to think of it, all the movies hit Starz super quick. HBO is pretty slow in this regard.

(I thought John Carter was decent)

21 Jump Street was another one that aired around six months after too.

Best Movie of the Decade so far is TTSS. Most emotionally gripping and affecting is a tie between Weekend and Amour. And probably the most memorable are those three plus WNTTAK and Skyfall. Skyfall especially, I can still remember everything about that movie. It was an expertly crafted movie that juxtaposed modernity and moving into the future with tradition and empire. The writers totally outdid themselves, and absolutely drove in the message with the Tennyson quote (which I loved before the movie), "We are not now that strength which in old days moved heaven and earth. That which we are; we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive to seek to find and not to yield." That was beautiful and made me tear up a little. 

I loved that Tennyson quote, it's my opinion though that they should have done what they ended up doing at Skyfall at that scene. It would have been a hugely riveting scene had they done it there.

Of course, that would have made going back to Skyfall a bit pointless, wouldn't it? Still, a missed opportunity for movie magic.

You get the like for skyfall
  • Like 2

Yep. Sometimes it can be even faster than that. I swear, John Carter hit Starz within 6-7 months.  That was John Carter though. One cannot underestimate the floppage of John Carter. Come to think of it, all the movies hit Starz super quick. HBO is pretty slow in this regard. (I thought John Carter was decent)

I imagine it depends on the studio rather than the channel, is Skyfall on Starz or Epix yet?

Well, I almost spoiled the movie ... forgot what thread I was in.Regardless, I saw it with my brother and enjoyed it once again ... cried in one scene ... and I've always hated Lois, but Amy Adams was very good IMO as Lois.Maybe I'll see it one more time in a few weeks before it leaves theaters.

I wouldn't say almost..I would say you pretty much did! Thnx a lot :)