#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

So because some people somehow got Walmart tickets for free, they automatically would not have purchased a normal ticket under any circumstances. The logic of that is baffling

Not to mention Walmart giving out tickets is simply WOM.

If your main obession in life is the almighty dollar then YES, it doesn't matter.

That might be a US mentality because here in France, we estimate gross in attendance not dollars. That Walmart thing here would be deemed a fudging job.

Imagine here in France. WB sells 5M tickets to FNAC (french retailer) for them to resale then even if FNAC didn't sell all of those 5M tickets to an audience, WB claim the movie did sold 5M tickets in attendance just because FNAC bought them 5M tickets. That's ridiculous.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

We are not saying the 12m shouldn't count, we are saying the 21m number is questionnable and do not represent the number of people who actually went to see MOS in a theater.

Real people , remember those ?

If operations like this develop in the future, box office numbers will officially become a bigger cluster fuck than it already is.

Inflation, 3d preimum, I max premium, 15m presales with big corporations ?

You just adjust for everything. Not that hard. Do the math. 

• Founder / Operator

Iron Man 3 Previews: $15.6m (leading to $174.1m weekend)

Man of Steel Midnights (sans $12m Wal-Mart sales): $9.0m

MoS sans Wal-Mart = 57.7% of previews.

Using that trajectory, it's on pace for $100.4m by the end of the weekend.

Add in Wal-Mart and we get $112.4m.

This assumes IM3 was no more or less front-loaded than MoS will be, nor does it account for the fact that MoS's Sunday will be helped by soft Father's Day drops.

• Like 3

I hope everyone understand that 12m 7PM previews was paid entirely by Walmart.

The audience had NOTHING to do with it. :sadno:

Hey now, I paid 11 dollars for my ticket. ;) It better count in MOS's gross.  :D

• Like 2

This assumes IM3 was no more or less front-loaded than MoS will be, nor does it account for the fact that MoS's Sunday will be helped by soft Father's Day drops.

That looks about right. I have it at~102-103 w/o walmart. 

MOS will be more frontloaded because kids are beginning to get out of school, whereas IM3 school was still in full force.

Other than that, pretty accurate analysis.

Thinking $95-98M for MOS, $107-110M previews included.

Edited by Alpha

Someone link me to where:Its Proven that Walmart gave tickets out.Walmart paid WB 12M instead of actual ticket sales.Not everybody at once.

MOS will be more frontloaded because kids are beginning to get out of school, whereas IM3 school was still in full force.

Precisely why it'll have a softer Sunday drop. 

• Like 1

And what's ironic is that corporate buying has been going on for years, just not on this scale. 

Yeah, who would have thought being transparent about it would cause even MORE consternation?  :lol:

They could have just said 21M previews, without specifying the breakdown

• Like 1

We are not saying the 12m shouldn't count, we are saying the 21m number is questionnable and do not represent the number of people who actually went to see MOS in a theater.

Real people , remember those ?

If operations like this develop in the future, box office numbers will officially become a bigger cluster fuck than it already is.

Inflation, 3d premium, I max premium, 15m presales with big corporations ?

Of course it should be questioned.