#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

Can't wait to see this movie. Unfortunately I have to wait until the 27th. From what I have read it sounds like it's a good movie that could have been great. I think they really need to get someone else to help Goyer with the script if he is going to do the next one.

Those that have seen it, what did you think of the dialog?

I just realised imdb has Goyer doing the script for Metal Gear Solid movie  :o

Edited by red

I'm really beginning to like where DC is headed now. If this is any indication, they could offer more serious superhero fair to differentiate themselves from Marvel(In other words, nothing like Green Lantern from here on out). They just need to do their own thing and get someone for Batman that makes perfect sense.

Yeah definitely, It's clear that Disney has been quicker and more effective in their set up and execution to their plan but that doesnt mean Warner bros has lost. Better late then never I guess. I think if they take disneys approach to it all and somehow tweak it and put their own little stamp on it they can do really great things. If they start doing flash and Wonder Woman along with MOS sequels and make it clear in the marketing that they somehow belong with MOS and then once they have the faith and confidence of the general public reboot green lantern and then that's given enough breathing room to start batman up again and then within all this introduce the slighly more secondary characters like green arrow and shazam and then before you know it your perfectly set up for a justice league motion picture

I think 300 M is a good target.

It is. But a 3 multiplier from a june release is not uncommen.

so something between 300-350 mill is my guess

Can't wait to see this movie. Unfortunately I have to wait until the 27th. From what I have read it sounds like it's a good movie that could have been great. I think they really need to get someone else to help Goyer with the script if he is going to do the next one.

Those that have seen it, what did you think of the dialog?

I just realised imdb has Goyer doing the script for Metal Gear Solid movie  :o

I feel you, it comes out the same time here in NZ, damn it! even though I plan to watch it atleast 3 times with different people I'm really tempted to stream it and watch it soon just for the sake of my sanity! Have to resist the urge!

I feel you, it comes out the same time here in NZ, damn it! even though I plan to watch it atleast 3 times with different people I'm really tempted to stream it and watch it soon just for the sake of my sanity! Have to resist the urge!

Feeling the same way. It will be hard to resist. 

Just had my honeymoon in New Zealand. Such a beautiful place.

Hey congrats, may I ask where in NZ did you go?

We started out in Auckland for a couple of days then went to Rotorua (visited Hobbiton). Then we spent the next couple of weeks traveling around the South Island (Queenstown, Te Anau, Milford Sound,  Christchurch). Queenstown was probably my favorite place to stay but the best bit of the whole trip was going on a hour helicopter flight over and landing on the Fox and Frans Josef glaciers.

• Like 1

We started out in Auckland for a couple of days then went to Rotorua (visited Hobbiton). Then we spent the next couple of weeks traveling around the South Island (Queenstown, Te Anau, Milford Sound,  Christchurch). Queenstown was probably my favorite place to stay but the best bit of the whole trip was going on a hour helicopter flight over and landing on the Fox and Frans Josef glaciers.

Wow! sounds like you picked all the right spots and Queenstown is everyone's favorite place, but you know what even though I spent 6 years in Otago medical school I've never once been to Queenstown! Something always got in the way.

Edited by messipotamia

I'm really beginning to like where DC is headed now. If this is any indication, they could offer more serious superhero fair to differentiate themselves from Marvel(In other words, nothing like Green Lantern from here on out). They just need to do their own thing and get someone for Batman that makes perfect sense.

That would be perfect. I much rather prefer a serious superhero film with two or three scenes of actual levity (and MOS did have them) than the typical Whedon snarky humor that consists of many pop culture references and forced jokes every five minutes.

Can't wait to see this movie. Unfortunately I have to wait until the 27th. From what I have read it sounds like it's a good movie that could have been great. I think they really need to get someone else to help Goyer with the script if he is going to do the next one. Those that have seen it, what did you think of the dialog? I just realised imdb has Goyer doing the script for Metal Gear Solid movie  :o

Good news for you then. There're previews on the 26th.