#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

With the upcoming slate of movies I really can't see the movie approaching $350 million. Topping $300 million is going to be a massive success for Warners though. I was really satisfied with where the film ends up come the final shot. Really want to see how it unfolds now they're going to be allowed to make the sequel.

• Like 3

I imagine most of the films made at WB will remain at WB but if PR is a hit, would a sequel end up at Universal like Hellboy II did? Legendary were one of the first to co-finance films with major studios which lead to others like Dune Entertainment. Relativity Media, Skydance, AnnaPurna etc

I guess it'll depend on the contract. All the DC movies will remain with WB regardless. PR maybe can move if its a success. Just wondering though since WB is the distributor are they fully responsible for the marketing of PR?

If Legendary walks then would they still be involved in MoS 2 or will someone like Village Roadshow come in to produce the film. STID had Skydance instead of Spyglass who coproduced the first film with Bad Robot,

That's a good question.

Impressive weekend for TF2 considering it blew of 91 million in demand before hand. 

Think its the biggest weekend for a film that did not open Friday. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

As amazing as this run will be for MOS, I still think DM2 finishes second for the summer. Hell, there was almost a chance at one point that you could have convinced me it would finish first. 

I don't know why people didn't think there was an audience for a Superman movie- Superman's absolutely iconic and maybe the most famous pop culture figure in American history. All we needed was the right movie, and this proves his potent box office power. 

• Like 2

Considering Legendary has helped WB with many successes, its a shame if they part company, I'm sure another studio will be more than happy to have them

Were they the production company on TDK trilogy?

• Like 1