#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

NO, I'm talking about about the first week, full seven days. Most SH movies double that figure.

I'm using the full week instead of the weekend because it evens out weekday openings and holydays.

Oh, my bad then. Sorry.

Anyone who has the nerve to call 113/125m a disappointment is an asshole.

Are people actually calling it a dissapointment. :blink: Can you point them out to me so I can call them an idiot.

There was similar news for Green Lantern. But then it flopped. Thankfully Supes is going to be profitable so the sequel will happen.

People around said that it was a marketing method. Announcing the sequel before the movie launched showed confidence in the movie, making people believe it was actually that good that it was assured to make money enough for a sequel. This has been difference since the script is already in works - They knew this wasn't going to flop.

• Like 1

Are people actually calling it a dissapointment. :blink: Can you point them out to me so I can call them an idiot.

Nobody did. Not sure where he got that from. Not a soul said that.

• Like 1

• Community Manager

Me. I called it a disappointment for not being able to pay off our national debt within one weekend. I'm sorry I don't confirm to your standards of expecting a movie to perform realistically nor do I consider the feats of reviving an all-but-dead film franchise, breaking OW June records, and outperforming most Superman films "impressive".

So, damn it, ban1o, call me an idiot. Just remember who can apply the first three letters of your name to you.

• Like 4

I don't know why people didn't think there was an audience for a Superman movie- Superman's absolutely iconic and maybe the most famous pop culture figure in American history. All we needed was the right movie, and this proves his potent box office power. 

Agreed.   I don't think MoS was very good and the RT score is rotten....and it's still going to make over 300 million domestic.   That shows that Supes is a very profitable character.    Imagine Thor, Capt America, Green Lantern, Hulk, or X-men doing this with a mediocre movie....it just would not happen.