#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

Iron Man 3 Previews: $15.6m (leading to $174.1m weekend)Man of Steel Midnights (sans $12m Wal-Mart sales): $9.0mMoS sans Wal-Mart = 57.7% of previews.Using that trajectory, it's on pace for $100.4m by the end of the weekend.Add in Wal-Mart and we get $112.4m.This assumes IM3 was no more or less front-loaded than MoS will be, nor does it account for the fact that MoS's Sunday will be helped by soft Father's Day drops.

That makes 1 big assumption though. That people who saw the Walmart previews wouldn't have seen it at midnight if they only had that option. I would guess if there's no Walmart midnights would be about 13m or so.

Bless you.. Now if you'll excuse, I need to go drink heavily and pick up a sack to drown my sorrows.. :sherlock: 

See this is what makes this place fun. People can take a good ribbing and then own up to the mistakes. It's all in fun people as it should be.

Love you BKB :wub:

• Like 9

Sure it could go up, but I highly doubt it'd be by THAT much.

You never know.

I'm getting ready for my 8:30pm and will post a full crowds reports on the other shows if sold out or not.

??? Did I or did I not give it a drop right in line with your percentages?

(Maybe I'm doing the math wrong in my head, but I'm pretty sure I did.)

I don't get it.

Personally, I'd be super shocked if it hit $190-200 OW. You really wouldn't be?

As for the Friday-to-weekend projections, how is that too much? How would you project the weekend for a $60M Friday that didn't include either of the Thursday numbers? Wouldn't it be something like: 12 + 9 + 60 + 65 + 50?

This won´t happen

So MOS breaking out means we won't have 4 superheroes movie a year but more like 7 or 8 in the coming years.

welcome to the past, there were already 8 or 9 superhero movies back in 2008, currently 6 scheduled for next year (and that's with 0 from DC)

See this is what makes this place fun. People can take a good ribbing and then own up to the mistakes. It's all in fun people as it should be.

Love you BKB :wub:

It's only BKB. The others I guess are still in denial mode.

Wb probably doesn't want to add the Walmart sneaks into the Friday gross because then the Saturday drop will look abnormally high and people will twist it and say things like "Man of Steel is collapsing" 

good call

You're going to the movies in Vegas? Fuck that, lol. I don't even think I know what time it is in Vegas at night.

Here's the thing. My local theater in West Texas always puts 2D shows on the smallest screens and we don't have an IMAX screen. I want to see it on the biggest screen possible. The real IMAX in Vegas at the Palms Hotel has several 2D IMAX shows per day, so I'm going to get a chance to see it on a huge screen. Should be fun. :)

• Like 1