#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

I snapped at a guy who could not stop using his phone during Life of Pi. I told him if he could at least turn his phone to silent, and he looked at me with a puzzled expression and said, "Why?"

Well, because I paid to watch and listen to the movie without hearing your phone go off every thirty seconds. Once you threaten someone with getting up and calling for the manager, they immediately oblige.

Believe it or not, there are still people that dont realize trailers are on Youtube and since they arent shown on TV, many people dont see them unless its in front of the movie. I agree ads are annoying as hell, especially "first look" and ABC Family shit. Personally, i actually like the trivia ones. But i wouldnt go as far as say people hate trailers, they just hate having to sit through so many/shit ones/ones they have seen a million times - aka TLR, Wolverine and RIPD.I love trailers and it dampens the movie if i miss them, luckily i only get 4-6, which actually gors by pretty fast, and i love reactions, plus its a preview of how the movie will look on the BS. I say get rid of the ABC Family, show no more than 6- though 4 is ideal, and make them make sense. I got Mortal Instruments trailer with TITE, like wtf? see thats a waste.

Edited by jandrew
  • Like 3

I have just connected now and I am trying to know what is happening (I am a bit confused): 9 midnights (45-50 whole Friday) + 12 Walmart = About 60 million Friday :blink::o:D . Is it right?

Edited by peludo
  • Like 2

It'll be much sooner than that with $400m dom for both Thor2 and Cap2.

Posted Image

IM3 is slowly inching its way to $400M, it'll get there eventually but the fact that if a film like IM3 has a bit of difficulty getting there, then I have my doubts that either of Thor 2 or CA2 will get there.

Theaters fucked up when they added numerous commercials to the already tedious trailers.The audience grew wise quick and figured out the real starting time.

Those commercials are the worst, lol.

I have just connected now and I am trying to know what is happening (I am a bit confused): 9 midnights (45-50 whole Friday) + 12 Walmart = About 60 million Friday :blink::o:D . Is it right?

Kinda but the whole Walmart thing is a big conspiracy that goes straight to the top. So instead of adding 12, you should subtract 12

• Like 5

120 m, maybe?Maybe Fathers Day means a small drop Sunday.

Sunday drop should be at or around 15% ... Green Lantern dropped I think 9% on FD.

With that, I think could push up to 130 or so ... but if does 45, I'd guess

111 OW, + 12 so 123

Kinda but the whole Walmart thing is a big conspiracy that goes straight to the top. So instead of adding 12, you should subtract 12

Yeah 60m Friday but with an *asterisk by it. :lol:

• Like 1

Sunday drop should be at or around 15% ... Green Lantern dropped I think 9% on FD.

With that, I think could push up to 130 or so ... but if does 45, I'd guess

111 OW, + 12 so 123

That would be very close to my 105 million prediction. Great numbers

I would never subtract '12' ... it's not like nobody went to those screenings ... sure i'd bet at least half weren't 'paid' for by customers, but still 5 or 6 million. 

Edited by agkman

No no, you subtract the Walmarts, you add the asterisk, but then you should subtract another $9m, just to be sure. So really, if it hits $120, then it really grossed only $99m and WB bribed its way past $100m.

• Like 4

You re goddam right.

Conspiracy revealed in spoiler :

Posted Image