#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

BTW, it's a huuuuuge if, so it's probably not worth considering yet, but if it comes in at the high-end of Rth's estimates, with Walmart that puts it really near IM3's first day. Which is just shocking, really.

Are we sure that it doesn't include walmart's numbers?

Will this go down as the BO story of the year? Not referring to biggest movie, but biggest surprise; it's exceeding most of our insanely high expectations!

Yes, this is in play to be the biggest positive box office surprise of the year.

This opening is MUCH bigger than many here anticipated, including myself.

Will this go down as the BO story of the year? Not referring to biggest movie, but biggest surprise; it's exceeding most of our insanely high expectations!

If it hits $55m, I'd say yes. That would be the biggest OD for a reboot by $20m, and that's not even including the Walmart money.

• Like 3

It'll be interesting to see what WOM is like, if it's extremely positive (and the current projections hold up) it could have a good shot at beating Iron Man 3 domestically. 

I think it'll be too mixed to pull that off though.

51M! My 125M prediction is still alive, and with TS3 drops could even go as high as ~130M.

9M - mids

42 - Friday day business

40 - Sat (-5%)

34 - Sun (-15%)

125M Total

But with TS3 drops:

9M - mids

42 - Friday day business

42 - Sat (-0% flat)

36 - Sun (-13.5%)

129M Total