baumer

Tues #s RTH

No, it'll be higher than that, I think. Wednesday drops have been worse this year than last year.

NBA impacts SH movies a lot. If I remember correctly,  that Batman Begins was also impacted quite a bit by NBA playoffs involving Spurs on its first Tuesday and the subsequent Thursday.

So wednesday drops will be muted for MOS.

Edited by jb007

It's just the habit of some people here. The same people were wailing and gnashing teeth when STID had a poor Friday increase and talked about how MOS was killing it. Then STID pulled the 2nd Best Weekend Drop for a wide release (-45%).

• Like 1

I knew IM3 would increase from the previous one but I never saw it increasing by that much.$400M (an increase of almost $100M from the previous one) is pretty darn impressive. Not to mention that massive WW gross of around $1.2bn. I can't really say I'm too bothered by its legs because it faced some pretty hefty competition (Star Trek, FF6, GG, TH3 would do damage to virtually any movie) that would always have cut into its legs (I mean, RDJ is popular but this is Iron Man we're talking about...not Batman or Spider-man).Iron Man isn't Spider-man, Superman or Batman, for Marvel to have built up the character to that level, much credit must be given to them.

Credit must be given to RDJ, not marvel. I don't think TA wouldn't have happened if another actor played stark in the first IM.

That isn't a terrible multiplier taking in account all the competition that IM3 faced. It lost screens simply because movies like STiD were released not more than two weeks before the film was released DOM, but I'm sure that hasn't crossed your mind. :rolleyes:

I think that SM3 had WAY more competition back in 2007 and despite being bad received, got about the same multiplier as IM3, which was supposedly very well received lol Edited by Goffe

I think that SM3 had WAY more competition back in 2007 and despite being bad received, got about the same multiplier as IM3, which was supposedly very well received lol

Yeah, so?

Spider-man 3 wasn't a flop, if I remember correctly.

Edited by Deathlife
  • Like 1

I think that SM3 had WAY more competition back in 2007 and despite being bad received, got about the same multiplier as IM3, which was supposedly very well received lol

The fact is Iron Man and Batman are the only two superhero characters with solo features that crossed $1b. Iron Man wasn't a big character before 2008, now he is arguably Marvel's main player. You are free to troll and spin this as much as you want, but this is a fact. 

The competition was about the same.

So IM3 and SM3 have almost the same legs.

Multis these days tend to be worse than six years ago. IM3 has a better excuse I reckon. Had it been received like SM3, it would've been even closer to Twilight but probably not less than 2.
  • Like 2