baumer

Tues #s RTH

Don't forget that nail biter basketball game.

Game 7 will be worse. But it should only exaggerate the Friday bump. The same people who would've watched it Thursday could watch it during the weekend. Lets see if it pans out that way.

I don't want to start a fight, but terrible multiplier for IM3 *ninjaface* (mobile site don't show emoctions)

That isn't a terrible multiplier taking in account all the competition that IM3 faced. It lost screens simply because movies like STiD were released not more than two weeks before the film was released DOM, but I'm sure that hasn't crossed your mind.  :rolleyes:

Game 7 will be worse. But it should only exaggerate the Friday bump. The same people who would've watched it Thursday could watch it during the weekend. Lets see if it pans out that way.

Yeah, expect a big MoS jump friday and saturday. Lots of eyes will be on it and its bad news for WWZ's thursday night start. 

its ok. Neither good nor bad. Similar to yesterday. Today's drop will give us a better picture. Last year drops were not bad. May be some schools off starting today and that reduces the impact of discount tuesdays. 10-12% drop is good. 15%+ would mean its legs are going to be meh.

Why are people disappointed by this number? Yesterday there was a chance MoS would stay flat, Rth's range was 11.5-12.5 depending on the NBA. And as we know, the NBA decided to have its closest game last night. 

Thursday numbers will be much much worse.

Don't see why people are flipping out over that MOS number, it's fine.

Some people here have a recurring habit of going all Debbie Downer when a film doesn't have a terrific daily drop but instead drops normally.

• Like 3

I think some people may be over reacting to the dailies. Given MOS's mediocre quality, the dailies are excellent and way better than I expected. 

Edited by jb007

its ok. Neither good nor bad. Similar to yesterday. Today's drop will give us a better picture. Last year drops were not bad. May be some schools off starting today and that reduces the impact of discount tuesdays. 10-12% drop is good. 15%+ would mean its legs are going to be meh.

I think 15% is pretty likely actually, and not that bad either. Neither is an upcoming weekend under $50m. It'll still be on track to cruise past $325m.
  • Like 1

Shit that doesn't seem good for Man of Steel

I think at this point, the dailies are neither good or bad, they are just expected.  Films fall during the week, especially ones that opened to 116 mill.  

• Like 1