baumer

Tues #s RTH

What would be "just fine"? Having slightly better legs than HP, Twilight and Hangover II? Cause I don't think so.

Yes it's a sequel with a built in audience from both fans of the first and TF fans. It did just fine. After second weekend it's drops we're similar to the first and sometimes better

So is MOS 2 in jeopardy now?

unless it's acting like Ang Lee Hulk from now on, I guess WB would still go for a sequel, or move on to the World's Finest (Supes alone is not enough?? how about we add bats?)

just hope they get another writer-director team for the sequel.

Edited by teardropmina

Yes it's a sequel with a built in audience from both fans of the first and TF fans. It did just fine. After second weekend it's drops we're similar to the first and sometimes better

Which sequel doesn't have a built in audience though? The fact that it had worse legs than every other blockbuster sequel except the notoriously frontloaded HP and Twilight series and the terribly received Hangover II should be enough to call it a movie with bad WOM.

8.7 to 8.9 would be a much bigger drop than expected. My initial perception was that the NBA finals impact on Tuesday would have resulted in a softer drop on Wednesday. Seems like MOS will drop real hard on Wednesday.

It has basically fallen to Inception's weekdays (not taking 3D inflation into account) after opening twice as big. Not a knock against MOS, just goes to show how much of a monster Inceptionwas.