baumer

Wednesday #s: MoS Official Est $9.01M

'The Bling Ring' will expand to 650 theaters this weekend

I'm hoping this and The East somehow find their way to London Ontario.

• Founder / Operator

Did somebody post the official estimates somewhere? I see MOS has gone up to 9.01m in the title.

Only WB estimates are in.

TH3: 0.32m

Gatsby: 0.265m

42: 0.064m

Edited by ShawnMR

I'm going to see this again on Saturday. It's been taken off the Regal RPX.

I liked the RPX there, but I have to say the employees were funny. Back on Monday, the girl at the box office tried to tell me there was no 4:10 show. I said that couldn't possibly be the case. It wasn't showing up on her screen, even though it was up on the big board. She acted as if there was nothing she could do and basically expected me to just accept that and leave. I had to ask her to get a manager who, of course, promptly fixed the problem.

Then, as I was getting my ticket torn, another girl handed me 3D glasses. When I handed them back and told her it wasn't in 3D, she didn't believe me at first.  :lol:

• Like 2

I liked the RPX there, but I have to say the employees were funny. Back on Monday, the girl at the box office tried to tell me there was no 4:10 show. I said that couldn't possibly be the case. It wasn't showing up on her screen, even though it was up on the big board. She acted as if there was nothing she could do and basically expected me to just accept that and leave. I had to ask her to get a manager who, of course, promptly fixed the problem.

Then, as I was getting my ticket torn, another girl handed me 3D glasses. When I handed them back and told her it wasn't in 3D, she didn't believe me at first.  :lol:

Funny? You are so kind.

I would've probably scarred that person's mind for life for being clueless lol jk

• Like 2

• Founder / Operator

It amazes me how ill-informed the majority of theater employees can be. Not all (I know we have a few around here :) ), but I'm talking about the 16-year-olds who are just there for their minimum wage paycheck and don't really know, or care, about the product of the business they work for.

It used to infuriate me, but now, I just smile and nod.

• Like 5

I told you the staff is fucking horrible. You could walk into any screening after seeing the movie you paid for.  :lol:

• Like 1

It amazes me how ill-informed the majority of theater employees can be. Not all (I know we have a few around here :) ), but I'm talking about the 16-year-olds who are just there for their minimum wage paycheck and don't really know, or care, about the product of the business they work for.

It's terrible. I got there an hour before show time. I wasn't allowed to go upstairs to wait in front of the actual screening until about 30 minutes left. When me and my wife got there, there was 50 people in front of us.

Interesting.

I swear if I could make a career out of working at a theater I would.  But kind of tough on minimum wage.

• Like 2

• Founder / Operator

Aw thanks Shawn. What's that TH3#? .320m?

Welcome. And yes, $320,000. :)

It's terrible. I got there an hour before show time. I wasn't allowed to go upstairs to wait in front of the actual screening until about 30 minutes left. When me and my wife got there, there was 50 people in front of us.

Interesting.

Ugh, I hate when that happens.

I dream of owning a movie theater.

It takes about $15M - $20M to do so here in NYC.

Who the fuck would give me that loan?

The banks in the U.S. will only give you a loan if you don't need it. It's fucking stupid.

• Like 2

It's terrible. I got there an hour before show time. I wasn't allowed to go upstairs to wait in front of the actual screening until about 30 minutes left. When me and my wife got there, there was 50 people in front of us. Interesting.

That's why I love reserved seating. And I find it funny to see people waiting in line for hours before a reserved seating viewings :lol:
  • Like 2