baumer

Wednesday #s: MoS Official Est $9.01M

Exactly. RT means jackshit, especially that avg score. Mud would be in Masterpiece territory with a 99% score, or so it would seem, but the avg rating which is the most important part of the movie isn't very good. Seriously, understand what you're talking about before you post. Man of Steel's average rating isn't horrible, it's 6. Something or 7. Something isn't it?

Mud's average is 8/10 which I'd say is pretty good.
  • Like 1

Perfectly fine numbers. Looking to end up at 310 minimum at this point. I think people have forgotton how hard it is to cross 300 DOM let alone 400.

But, but, just yesterday sites were saying a $320-225m finish.

I was saying the final estimates would start to fluctuate downward.....yesterday. 

Anything with an average rating over 8 can be considered 'very good'. There's always going to be a discrepancy between that and the tamatometer - people just use the latter because in the internet world we're strangely desperate for a 'good' or 'bad' consensus.

• Like 1

Stranger things have happened and MOS does have competition this weekend with 2 new releases, both of which will take a sizeable chunk out of MOS audience.. :popcorn: 

I know for some it's easy to be dismissive when he posts something like this. He is making an objective statement here.

Monsters University is going to eat into your family dollar that we discussed MoS getting Sunday.

WWZ, while not my immediate thing, will eat into the Teen-30-ish demo dollar, zombies are as big as ever(Warm Bodies even).

MoS could see a near or over 60% drop is dailies keep up like this. Stranger things have happened as someone once said...oh, wait.

• Like 1

So what does that list mean? Is it based on tickets sold, anticipated to be sold/tracking, what exactly? 

As Wednesday MoS was still selling more tickets.

However, MU is labeled as a "MUST GO" which is a good sign. MU will be mostly Walk-Ups.

WWZ is in 3rd place.

I can't believe a bad reviewed reboot coming off a disliked predecessor is doing so well. Imagine what MOS could have earned if it was truly great.

A testament to the power of the Superman name.  There will always be Superman movies because they don't really have to work that hard to make money with him.

Not for a 99% RT average film. That rating should be 9.0-9.5. Just goes to show how flawed the system is.

The real flaw is trying to determine quality in art in the first place.  No matter what method you use, it won't work.

Not for a 99% RT average film. That rating should be 9.0-9.5. Just goes to show how flawed the system is.

Uh no. 99% RT just means that 99% of critics thought it was at least a 6/10. A film could have a 100% RT rating but only have an average rating of 7/10 if all the critics thought it was solid but thoroughly unspectacular.

RT percentages solely measure consensus approval. If people want to try to read more into them then that's their problem.

• Like 4