Sam

Thursday Numbers | Actuals: MOS 7.011, TITE 2.1, NYSM 1.196

I think Ed is right. Even countering that Thursday drop, I don't see how you get 90-100% Friday jumps in June with a super-wide release. The weekend drop will be over 60%.

Debbie Downer  :P

I think Ed is right. Even countering that Thursday drop, I don't see how you get 90-100% Friday jumps in June with a super-wide release. The weekend drop will be over 60%.

Posted Image

an over 60% weekend drop is horrible no matter how you spin it

How So? 2 big movies are opening up...

If you want action, go see WWZ.

If you want a movie for younger people go see MU...

60% drop is realistic.

• Like 1

Tele brings up a good point, but I just can't help being comparatively super optimistic about MOS on Friday. Maybe it's the Heat fan in me speaking, but the Finals game last night was huge, huge, huge. Two big teams, lots of big names, very close game, and a rare game 7. It really hurt everything. In 2010, the last time a game 7 occurred with similar hype (Lakers Celtics) on a Thursday, A-Team, Karate Kid, Get Him To The Greek, Persia, and others all jumped well over 100 percent. I know MOS is way wider and more saturated, but still. I forsee a big jump. 

• Like 1

Tele brings up a good point, but I just can't help being comparatively super optimistic about MOS on Friday. Maybe it's the Heat fan in me speaking, but the Finals game last night was huge, huge, huge. Two big teams, lots of big names, very close game, and a rare game 7. It really hurt everything. In 2010, the last time a game 7 occurred with similar hype (Lakers Celtics) on a Thursday, A-Team, Karate Kid, Get Him To The Greek, Persia, and others all jumped well over 100 percent. I know MOS is way wider and more saturated, but still. I forsee a big jump. 

168 Jun. 17 Thu 168 $12,825,603 -16.9% -0.0% 42 The Karate Kid $4,370,744
169 Jun. 18 Fri 169 $64,887,674 +405.9% +38.0% 45 Toy Story 3 $41,148,961
  • Like 1

Damn it, why did I change my BSG answer at the last minute  :bash: Stupid stupid stupid, should have gone with my gut instinct   :rant:  :rant:  :rant:

Edited by Sam
  • Like 1