Sam

Thursday Numbers | Actuals: MOS 7.011, TITE 2.1, NYSM 1.196

No. I'm going to actually do some work at work today. This shit is giving me a headache.I would think MoS will have a good jump on Saturday since WWZ will be front loaded on Friday and will take people away. I could be wrong.

I don't think WWZ will be too frontloaded.  No rush to it, no sequel.

Awwww........my under TASM domestic isn't looking too bad now aint it? :rofl:

It would have to drop under 40M this weekend for that to happen. I don't see that happening.

Edited by #ED

Has the gnashing of teeth, renting of clothes and covering ones head with soot already began? 

I don't want to miss the best of the meltdowns.

MoS # not doing WB any favors. Very, very curious if it rebounds or WOM gives it a 60%+ drop. 

Just read MOS made $5.86 million opening day in China. Is this good? Average? Bad?

How does this compare to other blockbusters?

I heard someone say it was 2nd to IM3 at the box office this year for China. :ph34r:

But then again IM3 made 21.5M opening day in China. :blink:

Edited by DMan7

If MoS for one reason or another doesn't make as much as TASM, it'd be nothing to not be ashamed for. I firmly believe that MoS will reach $300m, but if it doesn't or fall short of making TASM numbers, it's still an amazing accomplishment for a reboot. 

I don't know why people keep claiming that there's no way it won't make $300m in a way that looks like if it doesn't, it's a disappointment. It isn't, the DC Movieverse is happening thanks for MoS, let's just hope for better screenwriters and David Goyer getting the boot. 

If MoS for one reason or another doesn't make as much as TASM, it'd be nothing to not be ashamed for. I firmly believe that MoS will reach $300m, but if it doesn't or fall short of making TASM numbers, it's still an amazing accomplishment for a reboot. 

I don't know why people keep claiming that there's no way it won't make $300m in a way that looks like if it doesn't, it's a disappointment. It isn't, the DC Movieverse is happening thanks for MoS, let's just hope for better screenwriters and David Goyer getting the boot. 

Goyer and Synder is the gel that glues this future so called  "cinematic DC Universe" together, neither of them will get the boot for the sequel so be ready for more crappy scripted superman movies with terrible dialogue as well as overbearing and drawn out action scenes that you get fed up of eventually.

Just read MOS made $5.86 million opening day in China. Is this good? Average? Bad?

How does this compare to other blockbusters?

3rd best OD for Hollywood releases in 2013, behind IM3 and The Hobbit (by a very small amount) Pretty good. Heading towards 25M-30M 4-day OW, 50M-60M total in China.

• Like 1

Around 40-45M this weekend for MOS.. That's still good for contending with 2 new releases..

I guarantee you it will do more than 40.  100% positive.  45 is a 62% drop.  There is no reason for that to happen.