Sam

Thursday Numbers | Actuals: MOS 7.011, TITE 2.1, NYSM 1.196

Everyone is still saying $50-$60M for Man of Steel and I just can't see that. $52M at the most.

Yeah Nikki just posted up $50-$55 over on deadline, sounds about right. There's nothing wrong with that kind of drop against this competition. It would be right around $220 after 10 days, that's fantastic. That means in the next week it would pass ASM for biggest reboot domestically after 3 weekends. If anyone says thats a disappointment, they need to check themselves...

• Like 4

If MoS for one reason or another doesn't make as much as TASM, it'd be nothing to not be ashamed for. I firmly believe that MoS will reach $300m, but if it doesn't or fall short of making TASM numbers, it's still an amazing accomplishment for a reboot. 

I don't know why people keep claiming that there's no way it won't make $300m in a way that looks like if it doesn't, it's a disappointment. It isn't, the DC Movieverse is happening thanks for MoS, let's just hope for better screenwriters and David Goyer getting the boot. 

:lol:  Why are you bringing TASM into this? It's flying past that.

Edited by Heretic

checked twitter 4 some first MoS reactions here

half of the ppl are like the 'meh boring CGI fest' but some love special effects esp some men/boys are raving 'Oooooo they deestroyed everythinggg!!' :D

lots of ppl compared the final battle to Matrix

all in all its like 60-40% neg/pos tweets

idk maybe it will change on wkend

Edited by Leyla

Last Sunday was so strong for MOS that a 60% drop this weekend seems reasonable to me. I've been projecting that drop since Monday. It's going to need a 110% jump today to narrowly avoid one, which is possible, but it's getting at least 40m in the way of competition today.

• Like 2

Last Sunday was so strong for MOS that a 60% drop this weekend seems reasonable to me. I've been projecting that drop since Monday. It's going to need a 110% jump today to narrowly avoid one, which is possible, but it's getting at least 40m in the way of competition today.

60% drop sounds about right with all the competition.

Yeah Nikki just posted up $50-$55 over on deadline, sounds about right. There's nothing wrong with that kind of drop against this competition. It would be right around $220 after 10 days, that's fantastic. That means in the next week it would pass ASM for biggest reboot domestically after 3 weekends. If anyone says thats a disappointment, they need to check themselves...

I don't disagree with any of that.

Because it appears to be following the traditional drops of a summer blockbuster... and because Diane Keaton told me so.

It's not following anything close to a summer blockbuster.  The numbers are all messed up this week because of the NBA.  A 62% drop means it is Spiderman 3 territory and it's not.