Sam

Thursday Numbers | Actuals: MOS 7.011, TITE 2.1, NYSM 1.196

Please don't tell me you guys are panicking. Its frustrating that an outside force is interfering with the BO though sure. Game 7 of an amazing finals series had everyone's attention. The jumps today are going to be more like may jumps, lets not forgot that school ended yesterday or today for everyone. I'm sure the ratings will be huge for game 7 when they come in. Every film suffered.

• Like 1

I don't how people can judge the legs of a movie without 2nd weekend even completed. No matter how good or bad a movie does in the first seven days, we need to reserve about its legs at least until second weekend is done. 

• Like 5

Posted Image

a 100% jump today would not be anywhere near good though for Friday ^ 

Sure it would:

• Like 1

Bad number sure, but panic again?  lol

when MOS jumps 100% today, people will calm down.

Even if it jumps 100% in Friday against fierce and direct competition, it will close the weekend with 47M. Not too encouraging.

Of course most of us are overreacting, but this is not a good number

I don't how people can judge the legs of a movie without 2nd weekend even completed. No matter how good or bad a movie does in the first seven days, we need to reserve about its legs at least until second weekend is done. 

I agree with this. The NBA most likely ate into yesterday's receipts for MOS. But then again Monsters opens today. The question becomes, 'Did MOS make a big enough impression to bring the repeat business plus more from WOM? Or was it simply last week's talk at the theaters and people are ready to move on to Monsters?' That question gets answered this weekend. It's first post weekend performance was unremarkable. But as we saw with IM3, week days do not always bare out on what happens for the weekends. We'll see if that twist holds true for MOS. I would think this weekend is it's biggest hurdle to date. My gut tells me MOS will need considerable help from the foreign markets to get in the black.

This is the best case scenario. And it's below 50M anyways

But MOS is going to make exactly the same amount this weekend whether or not the NBA was on last night.  So if it jumps 120% today or if it would have jumped 85% today if there was no NBA game yesterday, the number will be exactly the same.  This panic stuff is silly.  You don't rule out 300 because it drops 23% on its first Thursday against an NBA game 7 with Lebron.

• Like 1

so your panic nerve will keep running for 20 hours?

No. I'm going to actually do some work at work today. This shit is giving me a headache.I would think MoS will have a good jump on Saturday since WWZ will be front loaded on Friday and will take people away. I could be wrong.