Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

:wub:

I still prefer to prepare for the worst not to be disappointed lol :D

6 mil for now

6 mill?  lol...it would have to stay flat today for it to do 6 mill.  Come on leyla, just give it normal increase today.

• Like 1

MoS has no one to blame but itself for the poor drop. Yes, WWZ and Monsters U did well, but would they have if MoS wasn't such a mediocre alternative?

I think competitions do matter and cut into MOS gross this weekend. But if starting next week, we see bad daily drops, then we can chalk that up to WOM.
  • Like 1

I thought that the trailers for WWZ did a good job of promoting BPs character as a family man and releculant hero. I will be interested in what the men/women split is on the movie, because I bet that attracted quite a few women.

And as someone completely new and a total novice, I don't pay attention to shows like ET that claim some movie production is in trouble, because it often feels like they say that about all movies. So I really don't think that is bad press to the general audience.

Posted Image

• Like 4

LOL are you saying MOS is worse than mediocre? :P That's what it sounds like. Although I didn't love i gave it a 6.5/10. 

I just don't think this is an issue of quality.

I'm going by Flixster here:

4.3 / 5.0 WWZ

4.2 / 5.0 MOS

6.3 critics score MOS

6.2 critics score WWZ

MOS is mediocre and WWZ isn't? It's funny MOS is rotten at RT even if it has a higher averaged score.

I just don't think this is an issue of quality.

I'm going by Flixster here:

4.3 / 5.0 WWZ

4.2 / 5.0 MOS

6.3 critics score MOS

6.2 critics score WWZ

MOS is mediocre and WWZ isn't? It's funny MOS is rotten at RT even if it has a higher averaged score.

Well it's only the opening weekend for WWZ. It will proabbly drop a lot next week. 

I think that just shows that the critical reception on Man of Steel was more mixed than was for World War Z. WWZ got a lot of OK reviews, with fewer gushing/condemning opinions. Man of Steel got more of the extremes.

• Like 1

Just to be safe I encourage you all to perform the North Korean zombie prevention method.

:rofl: :rofl:

No one should spoil this, even with spoiler tags.  Let everyone find out on their own.

• Like 1

I just don't think this is an issue of quality. I'm going by Flixster here: 4.3 / 5.0 WWZ4.2 / 5.0 MOS 6.3 critics score MOS6.2 critics score WWZ MOS is mediocre and WWZ isn't? It's funny MOS is rotten at RT even if it has a higher averaged score.

I think that is all about the critics expectations though. They thought that WWZ was going to be a mess and so were relieved when it wasn't, and they thought MOS was going to be fantastic and it wasn't.And it remains to be seen how WWZ holds up after this weekend.
  • Like 2

I think that just shows that the critical reception on Man of Steel was more mixed than was for World War Z. WWZ got a lot of OK reviews, with fewer gushing/condemning opinions. Man of Steel got more of the extremes.

I agree. I still need to see WWZ though for my own judgment.