Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

Walking Dead is the #1 show on cable and gets ratings higher than most broadcast shows, WWZ and even WB overperforming is proof that zombies are the new black, great marketing, based on popular book, even star power are the reasons for the huge opening. I dont think MOS has much to do with it, im sure alot of WD fans did or plan on see WWZ, but i see it losing tracking in the coming weeks.As for MU, simple - Pixar, sequel, Mike and Sully

Edited by LeFlop James

Walking Dead is the #1 show on cable and gets ratings higher than most broadcast shows, WWZ and even WB overperforming is proof that zombies are the new black, great marketing, based on popular book, even star power (for WWZ) are the reasons for the huge opening. I dont think MOS has much to do with it, im sure alot of WD fans did or plan on see WWZ, but i see it losing tracking in the coming weeks.As for Pixar, simple - Pixar, sequel, Mike and Sully

Good post, this was my first post from the over 600WW for WWZ (back in December)

World War Z looks awesome. It sounds awesome and zombies, if done well, have never been hotter. The Walking Dead obviously has a lot to do with that and this film has a Walking Dead kind of feel to it, but on steroids. You have the genesis of the outbreak where an entire downtown is being wiped out, people dying and a man trying to keep his family safe. That man of course is Brad Pitt.

• Like 1

NOW YOU SEE ME: $2.45M Friday (est) / $89.03M Domestic Total / 2,823 Locations / $868 Location Avg. #NowYouSeeMe

woooooooooooooooooooo

still not ready to start celebrating

(well I'll wait 4 actuals

they may be worse :P )

Posted Image

Edited by Leyla
  • Like 3

Awesome, bigger than RTH numbers.

And Rth said that both MU and WWZ numbers should be bigger than the numbers Nikki reported  :D

Edited by Sam
  • Like 2

Not every film faces TWO 60 M plus openers.

Which is what I fully expect, and with good reason and fairness, to be in the shareholders report. 

$300m was always my ceiling, kind like how $200m was for Thor and both fell short. Likewise neither are disappointments and BOTH spawned new franchises. Unlike Thor though, the expectations weren't as high or demanding as they were for MoS. 

If MOS did $210 million after Sunday, it is outpacing TASM by 5 days

It's gonna out gross TASM DOM. I doubt next week will be as bad as this weekend and you have a nice bump with July 4th holiday. And I believe WB will push as hard and fast to squeeze every dollar they can.Where do you think it'll end up?
  • Like 1

Which is what I fully expect, and with good reason and fairness, to be in the shareholders report. 

$300m was always my ceiling, kind like how $200m was for Thor and both fell short. Likewise neither are disappointments and BOTH spawned new franchises. Unlike Thor though, the expectations weren't as high or demanding as they were for MoS. 

You expected 60 M+ for WWZ?

It's gonna out gross TASM DOM. I doubt next week will be as bad as this weekend and you have a nice bump with July 4th holiday. And I believe WB will push as hard and fast to squeeze every dollar they can.Where do you think it'll end up?

I say 290 M. How about you?

I'm going big on this. I just have a gut feeling.$63m OW | $160m DOM

‘World War Z’ Zombies Walk Tall For $25.5M Friday/$63M Weekend To Begin Global Battle With Superman: ‘Monsters University’ Huge #1 With $30.8M/$79M For Pixar’s 2nd Biggesthttp://m.deadline.com/2013/06/world-war-z-begins-international-roll-out-strongly-in-australia-korea/BOOM!!
  • Like 7

Oh, sorry. I mean buzz mostly, but also interest, for MU specifically. It's in the MU threads, they're most likely haters. And that Hasan (?) guy kept posting a chart  about how MOS is killing both WWZ and MU in buzz and interest. See how that turned out.

I think some of the doubt can be traced back to MI 3D lack of BO performance. For whatever reason some may have extended a 3D re-releases performance to MU.

I think with 4th of July weekend it can move past $300 million. But WHD may steal some of its audience, and LONE RANGER is definitely not helping either...Then comes Warner's own PAC RIM. Here, WB would give up MOS screens to PR.

Phew, Supe has to handle more than just General Zod

Edited by zackzack