Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

If MoS was such a great film, which it's not, It would be able to retain more of it's audience. That isn't happening and the general movie audience isn't impressed with it. It may have good WOM from cbm geeks but the general audience couldn't care less about the film.

To a certain extent, that's true. But it's opening against 2 films that together, are making close to $150m this weekend. It's impossible for a film not to drop significantly when the market is as saturated as it is.

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 2

To a certain extent, that's true. But it's opening again 2 films that together, are making close to $150m this weekend. It's impossible for a film not to drop significantly when the market is as saturated as it is.

NYSM is holding its own. ;)Granted its a smaller movie than MoS but its a good example where competition isn't killing a movie.

If MoS was such a great film, which it's not, It would be able to retain more of it's audience. That isn't happening and the general movie audience isn't impressed with it. It may have good WOM from cbm geeks but the general audience couldn't care less about the film.

Says your opinion.WOM is good according to all media sites online.There's just 2 huge openers this weekend with the same audience. Simple.
  • Like 1

NYSM is holding its own. ;)Granted its a smaller movie than MoS but its a good example where competition isn't killing a movie.

It's also grossing less than half of what MoS is doing. Not a good comparison.

Even with this horrid drop for MoS, there is still a strong chance that it can pull 300M. It'll make around 60+M for the entire week, and it'll probably have a fifty or so percent drop the next week, and next week has fourth of July, so it'll have a strong week. There is still a strong chance for a 300M finale.

• Like 1

Meh for Bling Ring. Emma won't experience a box office hit until Noah. Though this was never going to do significant numbers.

Yeah, but its still a good career move since she's now doing smaller scale movies. First the upcoming cult classic Perks and then a Sofia Coppola picture. 

• Like 1

True, but I think the fact it's a much small scale means the effect is mitigated. WWZ and MU are both hindering MoS' audience as one takes away males and adults, and the other takes away the families.

Always remember, MoS is the beginning.It will only get bigger the next time around.280+ DOM700M WWGreat Start. In fact, the best start to any comicbook movie series WW.

• Like 5

Will Despicable Me affect MU? Hmm..

I see the interest in my area that audiences (including young adults like me) love that banana-potato minions. It is easily dominating the BO early July.

It definitely will. But I'm not ruling out the possibility of 2 300m animated films within the space of a month. It could actually happen this time...

It's also grossing less than half of what MoS is doing. Not a good comparison.

But it's not being killed by 1 behemoth last week and 2 monster openings this week. Its still competing for movie goers money. it may not have the same target audience but there will be audience overlap. In this case competition isn't much of a factor. It's a good move with apparently very good WOM. Edited by WileECoyote

True, but I think the fact it's a much small scale means the effect is mitigated. WWZ and MU are both hindering MoS' audience as one takes away males and adults, and the other takes away the families.

MU I think is definitely getting some of the young adult crowd