Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

I really like ZS. I like that he has a clear vision of what he wants, even when there are times I disagree with that vision. But for Superman, I feel like he needs a really strong and talented EP and script to keep him in check. All I do know is that audiences will only hang on for a franchise for so long if the movies aren't up to par. So the next movie has to be much better. Everyone involved can't look at the box office total for MOS and think that everything went perfectly, not with huge drops, lackluster reception with the critics, and mixed WOM. And if they do, then I think the next movie will be a disaster and probably kill the franchise for another 5-10 years.

• Like 2

TDKR was not a mess.

It's not like I'm the only one saying that. TDKR was a dissppointment coming out of two perfect Batman films, and that has been a concensus among a considerable amount of people. It could be a masterpiece, and I feel like David Goyer reportedly 'writer's block' for TDKR's third act was more like he shitting all over what would be otherwise a brilliant capper for two of the best superhero films in history.

TDKR was a better movie than TDK. TDK wasn't even a comic book movie, it was a crime thriller

It's not what the majority of people think, and you know that.
  • Like 1

TDKR was not a mess.

I don't particularly like the 3rd act "fistfights on the street" scene and the following Bat chasing the trucks, and the Bat carrying a large steel ball into the horizon. They have the quality of straight-to-DVD material. The Bat is obviously hung by wires. I prefer the fight between Bane & Bruce to take place in the more mythological pit with Bruce emerging into the light in the end, rather than yet another "save a Big City from nuclear/terrorist/bio-weapon armageddon" finale (how many is that already? TA, MOS, PACRIM, MI4, GL, MIB3, TASM, WWZ...)

• Like 2

My only issue with Snyder is he is great with Action but if they want a psychological villain like Lex, I am not sure snyder has the directorial skills to pull off something even close to what Nolan did with Joker in TDK and Bane in TDKR.

I really like ZS. I like that he has a clear vision of what he wants, even when there are times I disagree with that vision. But for Superman, I feel like he needs a really strong and talented EP and script to keep him in check. All I do know is that audiences will only hang on for a franchise for so long if the movies aren't up to par. So the next movie has to be much better. Everyone involved can't look at the box office total for MOS and think that everything went perfectly, not with huge drops, lackluster reception with the critics, and mixed WOM. And if they do, then I think the next movie will be a disaster and probably kill the franchise for another 5-10 years.

That's precisely my point, and that's why I feel like Goyer gotta go.

I don't get wehre this TDKR was a mess stuff comes from. It has an 87 percent on rotten tomatoes and is in the nintnies for audience reception on RT. It also had a 2.7 multiplier which is good for a a sequel to a very anticipated film. Sure, it had flaws and wasn't as good as TDK but in no way was it a mess. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 1

SUPERMAN has more in common w/ GREEN LANTERN than we previously thought: both dropped over 65% in their sophomore campaigns.

Except, Cars 2 and Bad teacher opened in Green Lantern's 2nd weekend and only opened with 97.7m between them, compared to WWZ's and MU's 150m between them. So Green Lantern's fall is a lot worse than Man of Steel's.

• Like 1

And then you realized that Nolan used 12,000 extras during TDKR. No CGI extras.He's dedicated to his work.That and WB just wastes money like crazy on Nolan.

It's not like I'm the only one saying that. TDKR was a dissppointment coming out of two perfect Batman films, and that has been a concensus among a considerable amount of people. It could be a masterpiece, and I feel like David Goyer reportedly 'writer's block' for TDKR's third act was more like he shitting all over what would be otherwise a brilliant capper for two of the best superhero films in history.

It's not what the majority of people think, and you know that.

TDKR was a dissppointment coming out of two perfect Batman films, ----who make that judgment? you ? IMDB? RT?metacritic?

MONSTERS UNIVERSITY: $82.0M Weekend (est) / $82.0M Domestic Total / 4,004 Locations / $20,480 Location Avg. # MonstersUniversity

Great ow and second best all time to TS3. Also, this is why Pixar is starting to make more sequels. Finding Dory is going to be huge and if they finally wise up and make a damn sequel to The Incredibles (do this already damn it!) that'll be huge too.
  • Like 1

My only issue with Snyder is he is great with Action but if they want a psychological villain like Lex, I am not sure snyder has the directorial skills to pull off something even close to what Nolan did with Joker in TDK and Bane in TDKR.

I think it'll be Lex and Metallo rather than just Lex, maybe they should bring in a co-director if they're unsure about Snyder but TBH the non action scenes were very good so I think he's fine.
  • Like 1