Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

NYSM's RT score really surprises me. How did it score that low? I mean for a majority of the critics to just flat out dislike this movie is weird - I was one of the early champions of this movie via my FB and my early reactions posted to a lot of forums including this one and I am pretty happy with the way it is performing. But, IMO, this is not deserving of such a low RT rating.

Majority dislike?? It's basically 50/50 with critics so not sure what you mean. And MOS is the same way, it's basically 50/50 with critics (close to 60/40) so almost the same.

Majority dislike?? It's basically 50/50 with critics so not sure what you mean. And MOS is the same way, it's basically 50/50 with critics (close to 60/40) so almost the same.

Majority dislike because it is at 49% on RT. So 51% of the critics (a majority) didn't like it. Never said it was an overwhelming majority  :P

I Have a hard time believing MOS is getting poor WOM. Both times I saw it the film was packed and there was applause in the end. All the comments in Facebook and Twitter I find are positive. That is why I am going to wait for the third weekend to see for sure

I Have a hard time believing MOS is getting poor WOM. Both times I saw it the film was packed and there was applause in the end. All the comments in Facebook and Twitter I find are positive. That is why I am going to wait for the third weekend to see for sure

It opened against an 82 million opener and a 66 million opener both of which cut into it's audience. Most films would have trouble maintaining a good drop

It opened against an 82 million opener and a 66 million opener both of which cut into it's audience. Most films would have trouble maintaining a good drop

It's basically this...I posted before Friday that MU will take most the family and some female it had ow Sat and Sun/fathers day, and WWZ will take the young action fans and rest of female demo...it was a doubly whammy of trouble and with such a big ow it was bound to drop big (though I thought more like 60-62%, not 65% unfortunately). Edited by FTF

I loved it too! And I didn't find it that offensive either. I'm disappointed in the numbers though, this should be a $100M grosser. I wonder if the theme turned off some people though?

It's not for everyone for sure. Quite a few in my audience hated it actually. You could hear the complaints. But overall reaction seemed good. The numbers show a decent drop. So I can see it hitting 100. If it holds up well against The Heat than I think its got enough juice to make it.
  • Like 1

I love NYSM run. It's like the movie is running on its own and doesn't give a damn about what kinds of competitions are out there killing each other.

• Like 3

alright lets be real here guys-I absolutely loved man of steel-but it didnt pick up legs so far like it should of. I just talked to one of my really good friends who works in the business and he didn't like it simply because he was expecting more...there's a really big lot of people where this didn't fit "their" superman and that's why it's not having huge repeat business...in the end for me it's a fascinating and new tale on n old story ----i thought it was a 9/10 but i respect people who disagree

and btw now you see me is so generic-can't believe people are pumping that movie up---and jesse eisenberg plays the same character every movie/pretty much he's annoying as f and id love if i never saw him on screen again...gaaahhh

Edited by holcs

It's not for everyone for sure. Quite a few in my audience hated it actually. You could hear the complaints. But overall reaction seemed good. The numbers show a decent drop. So I can see it hitting 100. If it holds up well against The Heat than I think its got enough juice to make it.

My friend didn't even want to see it I talked him into seeing it and he absolutely hated it. Like me he is an easy grader so I was shocked he didn't like it. It's not for everybody I guess but I freaking loved it.

I love NYSM run. It's like the movie is running on its own and doesn't give a damn about what kinds of competitions are out there killing each other.

It's the feel good run of the summer. Well for me at least. It's like watch a number 16 seed moving up. Let the big boys knock each other silly. In the meantime its just raking in whatever it can :).
  • Like 2

Since we have to get to 300 pages - Asgard demanded it - I bring to you Max Landis PERFECT rant about Man of Steel. Reading this and having watched Chronicle, I feel like this guy is the PERFECT guy to be involved with the Man of Steel sequel. Warner should fire Goyer's ass and get him to deliver a Superman film like the character and all of us truly deserve it. Without further ado, here it goes:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw_GlYve_LgDiscuss. And if Warner is too dumb to get him, Marvel Studios should throw whatever he wants to write whatever film this guy wants to write.

Since we have to get to 300 pages - Asgard demanded it - I bring to you Max Landis PERFECT rant about Man of Steel. Reading this and having watched Chronicle, I feel like this guy is the PERFECT guy to be involved with the Man of Steel sequel. Warner should fire Goyer's ass and get him to deliver a Superman film like the character and all of us truly deserve it. Without further ado, here it goes:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw_GlYve_LgDiscuss. And if Warner is too dumb to get him, Marvel Studios should throw whatever he wants to write whatever film this guy wants to write.

He makes some really good points. Landis can come across as a dick sometimes but the kid has talent and he's got extensive comicbook knowledge. I loved Chronicle and he did make that gem of a video with Ron Howard that destroyed the "Death of Superman" storyline. 

I think he'd be a great option to write a gritty street-level superhero film like Daredevil, Iron Fist,Luke Cage, Moon Knight etc.

Edited by sdeezy
  • Like 1

My friend didn't even want to see it I talked him into seeing it and he absolutely hated it. Like me he is an easy grader so I was shocked he didn't like it. It's not for everybody I guess but I freaking loved it.

That's what I'm guessing will happen. Love it hate it and very few middle ground reactions. If The Heat gets Hangover 1 or Bridesmaids type of WOM I think that would push those on the fence to the alternative.

I'm going to be honest, I'm rather lazy, could you provide a list of bullet points.