#ED

Wknd Est: MU - 46.1M; The Heat - 40M; WWZ - 29.8M; WHD - 25.7M; MoS - 20.8M; (pg 104)

June 2012: He's a real draw!

June 2013: I don't think he was ever a real draw.

And it's funny how so many people knew WHD was going to "flop" now.  If you go to the summer game predictions, it looks like almost everyone had WHD in their summer top 15 and the average prediction looks to be about 150 mill.  

• Like 3

Tatum is a mid-level draw domestically because of his female fanbase but he is a nobody in the overseas markets. He is one of the reasons I am not sold on WB spending $150 million on Wachowskis' JA.

• Like 3

SLP was more of a ensemble and the Oscar noms helped too.

I completely forgot about End of the Street :P

She has not prover herself yet. If you give her EotS you got to give Belle When a Stranger Calls that beat it by 15M back in 2006.

Right, and you know all of this right?  You know for sure that Tatum had nothing to do with the success of the Vow and 21JS?  That's really interesting since the Vow made 45 million more than The Notebook and 21 JS was never on pace to gross that much.  Tatum OBVIOUSLY AND UNEQUIVOCALLY had a say in the gross and to say otherwise is an opinion, not a fact.

I am sorry if I didn't explained myself correctly because of my english, but in my post I meant to say that Tatum helped The Vow and 21JS.

Tatum is a mid-level draw domestically because of his female fanbase but he is a nobody in the overseas markets. He is one of the reasons I am not sold on WB spending $150 million on Wachowskis' JA.

Isn't it love story. Im sure he'll fit right in. It all comes down to marketing. If its like Cloud Atlas dont forget it.

People in 2010 were saying that Sam Worthington was the next big thing.

Yes, but for no reason.  Avatar is a James Cameron movie, not a Worthington film.  :)

• Like 1

Tatum has never been an overall draw like Cruise, Hanks or Smith. But put him into a rom-com and he'll open Dear John 2 40m for you. 

Give him time. If he doesn't fuck up he might become an overall draw. 

• Like 2

Tatum has never been an overall draw like Cruise, Hanks or Smith. But put him into a rom-com and he'll open Dear John 2 40m for you. 

No one has ever been a draw on their level at the apex of their careers.  You are talking about three of the biggest box office draw of all time.  

• Like 2

I am sorry if I didn't explained myself correctly because of my english, but in my post I meant to say that Tatum helped The Vow and 21JS.

Sorry John.  It's not your English.  Your English is perfect.  I might have misread what you typed.  Sorry about that.

Here Tatum explaines it for you

Tatum: I feel like I’ve won the lottery three times, I’ve used that line a lot, even getting into this industry is winning the lottery. I feel like I’ve won the lottery three times, I’ve used that line a lot, even getting into this industry is winning the lottery. Jonah and I said it a lot when we were doing Jump Street; you don’t work any less hard on any one of these movies. You don’t phone it in. You’re there trying to make every scene, trying to make every day as good as possible, and there’s so many things that can go wrong. You could have a great movie and you don’t know how to sell it, or the marketing people don’t get it, movie goes nowhere and it’s a failure. You can have a crappy movie and then they have a great marketing campaign, everybody sees it and they think that’s what you’re doing and you’re just like, “Shit.” You don’t ever know. For The Vow to have done what it did, I think the marketing campaign was classic and really perfect for that movie. I think me and Jonah’s chemistry in [Jump Street] was amazing and Chris [Miller] and Phil [Lord] murdered that movie. They completely knocked it out of the park, and you just don’t know, you just don’t know if those things are going to shine through.Then Magic Mike, we had no idea what was going to happen with that thing. Magic Mike, you just don’t know. I think that just luck, luck and a lot of hard work. It’s got to be at the right time. Like Magic Mike came out during “50 Shades of Grey”. I think it was kind of perfect, there was this whole “50 Shades of Grey” movement happening and Magic Mike just, “Bam!”, just hit it, and we couldn’t have lucked out anymore.http://collider.com/channing-tatum-white-house-down-interview

according to him its luck.

Edited by Dragon
  • Like 3