#ED

Wknd Est: MU - 46.1M; The Heat - 40M; WWZ - 29.8M; WHD - 25.7M; MoS - 20.8M; (pg 104)

This is crazy. WHD sounds amazing, I need to see it, but it's bombing? Ridiculous! Tatum+Foxx=Happy Blank but if you add in poor box office performance, that makes me sad. Tatum needs to be at the top of the ladder of movie stars, he's a great guy

• Like 1

I wonder if Tatum is a draw in regards to action movies.  The big flicks he had last year were all aimed at a very different audience than the average action flick.  He's definitely got the ability to draw in the ladies for romances and he plays well in comedies, but his two big action flicks (the first G.I. Joe and WHD) have underperformed expectations, imo. 

Based on early Friday ticket sales, Paul Feig's comedy The Heat -- starring McCarthy opposite Sandra Bullock -- could near $40 million in its debut, enough to easily beat Roland Emmerich's big-budget tentpole White House Down, headlining another hot box office star, Channing Tatum.

White House Down, also starring Jamie Foxx, may not cross $30 million in its North American opening, a blow for Emmerich and Sony, which spent $150 million to make the pic. In the film, the president of the United States (Foxx) and a wannabe Secret Service agent (Tatum) team up after the White House is invaded by terrorists and the U.S. Capitol destroyed.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-report-heat-bringing-577336

Hell yeah!

FU

lol

I have.

OHF blows it away imo, and I liked WHD quite a bit.  

I agree, I liked both movies. But OHF was better IMO. That said, the 2 movies can't be compared beyond their premise, OHF is out and out action, WHD is a buddy comedy with action. 

• Like 1

Monsters University is likely to stay at No. 1 in its second weekend with a gross in the $45 million-plus range, while holdover World War Z continues to show strength as well and could be neck-and-neck with The Heat.

If The Heat hits $40m, there's no way WWZ comes close.  :rolleyes: