MovieMan89

Entertainment Weekly's 100 Greatest Films of All Time

The Hurt Locker better than Raiders of the Lost Ark? Lawrence of Arabia? The French Connection? Dirty Harry? Blade Runner? Methinks not.I'm baffled at how It's a Wonderful Life is number 6. Same with how Mean Streets is number 7 when it's not even the best Scorcese movie.

• Like 4

Isn't that one of the good things about these lists? They bring to your attention several great films you wouldn't have noticed otherwise.

I see your point but no, I don't look at it that way. 

Apparently they also did the 100 Greatest Albuns, and Prince's "Purple Rain" was number 2. "Sexiest album ever." :lol:

I can see why that album is so highly regarded.

• Like 1

there are way more than 100 great movies and so complaining about the order seems rather trivial. more important are films that shouldn't be on there at all...unfortunately (or fortunately, really) there will be a lot of disagreement there

EW's lists always seem trolltastic to me, deliberately leaving off or ordering things differently just to "get people talking", and this one is on exception. THE HURT LOCKER ranked above LAWRENCE OF ARABIA? Bitch, please.

Hell, The Hurt Locker being included at all when classics like Sunset Boulevard and Treasure of the Sierra Madre were left off? And where the FUCK is Godfather Part 2? Trollololololololololol

Edited by redfirebird2008
  • Like 4

Addressing the music list for a second, very pleased to see Revolver and not Sgt Pepper number 1.  Sgt Pepper is a great album but I don't even think it's the Beatles best.  For me it's Revolver, Abbey Road, Rubber Soul and then Sgt Pepper

Addressing the music list for a second, very pleased to see Revolver and not Sgt Pepper number 1.  Sgt Pepper is a great album but I don't even think it's the Beatles best.  For me it's Revolver, Abbey Road, Rubber Soul and then Sgt Pepper

It was shameful to see Led Zepplin IV ranked so low

• Like 1

It was shameful to see Led Zepplin IV ranked so low

Zeppelin has always been underrated with critics relative to their popularity and influence on other musicians. It's sad too because it's not like they're KISS where it's a popular band with very little musical talent. In terms of musicianship, Zeppelin is arguably the most talented foursome in the history of rock and roll.

Edited by redfirebird2008