CJohn

Wednesday Numbers | Despicable Me 2 - 34M | The Lone Ranger - 9.67M | Kevin Hart - 4.9M

not seeing TLR getting to 10, think go from 8.7-10 to 8.5-9.5

MU has taken biggest hit with holdovers, like huge compared to everything else.

Thanks, Rth!Can a Mod PLEASE put the new 8.5-9.5 numbers for TLR in the topic title? :D

July 4th hadn't fallen on a Thursday since 2002, so we don't have much exact precedence to compare. However, Men in Black II did open on the same Wednesday that year. It had a OD-to-5-day multiplier of 4.69. I know it's sort of a different era then, especially in term of midnight, but I still don't see Despicable Me 2 having a worse multiplier. It's looking at $28m OD without midnight using RT's number; a 5.0 multiplier would give it $145m 5-day.

Men in Black II had a OD-to-total multiplier of 10.24, and that's with bad WOM on a genre known for higher degree of frontloadedness. Transformers had $27.9m on its opening Tuesday, a 7/3 as well, and finished with $319m. I see DM2 beating that total.

• Like 8

Poor Lone Ranger. Wow. Jesus Disney. You guys sure know how to pick your live action projects, lol. I'm talking strictly Disney here. Not Marvel or Lucasfilms

Disney better keep Marvel and Lucas FIlms independent and leave them alone.  :angry:

July 4th hadn't fallen on a Thursday since 2002, so we don't have much exact precedence to compare. However, Men in Black II did open on the same Wednesday that year. It had a OD-to-5-day multiplier of 4.69. I know it's sort of a different era then, especially in term of midnight, but I still don't see Despicable Me 2 having a worse multiplier. It's looking at $28m OD without midnight using RT's number; a 5.0 multiplier would give it $145m 5-day.

Men in Black II had a OD-to-total multiplier of 10.24, and that's with bad WOM on a genre known for higher degree of frontloadedness. Transformers had $27.9m on its opening Tuesday, a 7/3 as well, and finished with $319m. I see DM2 beating that total.

Holy shit, xiayun showed up! :worthy:

• Like 2