CJohn

Wednesday Numbers | Despicable Me 2 - 34M | The Lone Ranger - 9.67M | Kevin Hart - 4.9M

I like seeing bad movies fail, because for a moment I can convince myself that Hollywood might learn its lesson.

But then it never does. And when a lot of bad movies do well anyway, why should it?

(No, I haven't seen TLR but I have seen the Pirate films so I'm not going to contribute my to the former to find out that yes, it does stink as much as the latter.)

• Like 2

I dont undrstand why everyone wants TLR to fail. Why so much hate?

I dislike cheesy Westerns (Wild Wild West, Jonah Hex).I dislike Armie Hammer's comedy schtick.I dislike the name Tonto. Seems a bit condescending to Native Americans.I dislike a movie this gorey and violent being marketed towards families.I dislike the arrogance that expected this movie to easily recapture the breakout success of POTC simply by transfering the people involved.I don't always root for movies to fail but I think this sends the right message to Hollywood.
  • Like 4

I dislike cheesy Westerns (Wild Wild West, Jonah Hex).I dislike Armie Hammer's comedy schtick.I dislike the name Tonto. Seems a bit condescending to Native Americans.I dislike a movie this gorey and violent being marketed towards families.I dislike the arrogance that expected this movie to easily recapture the breakout success of POTC simply by transfering the people involved.I don't always root for movies to fail but I think this sends the right message to Hollywood.

Not a lot thought this, I think it was under 3.

I agree. I can never get really excited when a movie bombs. People's jobs are at risk. Their time and effort has been squandered.

The blue collar workers involved already got paid up front and have moved on to other projects.Anyone who gets a slice of the box office is probably already a millionaire many times over.I feel bad for the producer who was fired for doing Fight Club. That movie and producer deserved success, not condescending dreck like TLR.
  • Like 1

The failure of Lone Ranger would be an excellent lesson to Hollywood. Stop spending so much fucking money. 

You think John Carter and Battleship would've been enough.

As long as they've got their cash cows, studios will continue to release movies with huuuuge budgets.

• Like 1

Good for you Jack. But you are in the minority.

To be frank baumer I don't think he is in minority ... and I'm not talking about movie geeks like us here I'm talking about audience in general 

Regular people that are seeing it around here ain't got a lot of good things to say about it 

To be frank baumer I don't think he is in minority ... and I'm not talking about movie geeks like us here I'm talking about audience in general Regular people that are seeing it around here ain't got a lot of good things to say about it

I mean hes in the minority because he has seen it. Most people hate it and havent seen it.

To be frank baumer I don't think he is in minority ... and I'm not talking about movie geeks like us here I'm talking about audience in general Regular people that are seeing it around here ain't got a lot of good things to say about it

I gave it a C but it got a B+ cinemascore.