CJohn

Wednesday Numbers | Despicable Me 2 - 34M | The Lone Ranger - 9.67M | Kevin Hart - 4.9M

It is still early in the West-where TLR will make most of it's money.I still just find it odd how the lower number was better then expected and the higher is disappointing.

That just seems so weird the LR will do better out west because it's a Western.Btw did you know when Walt Disney World opened it didn't include POTC. Why? Because Disney execs thought Florida residents were too close to the Caribbean and pirate culture was a been there done that kind of thing Edited by DAR

Not limited-it is wide.The biggest limited OW is MI4 of course, but the 2nd biggest is one you will never guess-Bridget Jones 2.

Sorry when I think of wide I think 1000+ theaters, you are correct that it is wide. Its still extremely impressive and will probably do over 50m DOM. I still never saw one ad though or even heard aboit it and yet I've even seen ads for spring breakers and bling ring. Is it a US only film?

Guys, don't take these numbers to the bank. From any source. This is how disappointment begins when actuals come in tomorrow saying that DM2 "only" made $32-33m, or TLR "only" made $11-12m. These are projections... the day's not even half over on the west coast, and the east coast still has people working.

While I applaud your caution it's really hard to not increase expectations whe places like South Carolina have sold out most of their matinee shows and even New York has matinee sellouts. I've never seen matinee sellouts during the week before and this has more then just a few. If there were only some here or there I would agree 30m would be the benchmark, but it's pretty widespread judging from reports we've had so far. That's why I'm aiming for more. I think it'll hit 35m at least and as of right now I don't see how that's an optimistic prediction. Though I do want 40m I'm not there yet. And then again it could disappoint us with the evening shows, but I'm not taking that theory to the bank.
  • Like 2

800 theaters isn't a true wide release. Either way that $6 million Wednesday number is really good . If the number holds than Kevin Hart is officially a Box Office draw.

Edited by TLK
  • Like 2

• Founder / Operator

What's he up too these days

Probably sipping on a Mai Tai on some Caribbean beach.

(I really have no idea--he dropped off the grid after he left Mojo in 2011.)