CJohn

Wednesday Numbers | Despicable Me 2 - 34M | The Lone Ranger - 9.67M | Kevin Hart - 4.9M

No doubt. Easier for a 4 year old.

Soo...you prefer a layout like The Hollywood Reporters? I never even go on there because its just too damn much on one screen. BOM's layout is simple enough and it doesn't look like advanced trigonometry on the screen.

• Like 3

As I said biggest problem with Ray was he only add stuff that get more hits.

For example-Sean and Brandon actually added older films if you asked-Ray would not.

Ray would not add actors/actresses if they were not popular enough or have not done anything for a while. (Okay there are pages for Chris Farley and Tupac but not for John Goodman????

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

We lost fucking everything when they drove us out didn't we? That's why some still hate them with a passion. :angry:

Nearly 10 years worth of Derby data for me. Granted, those early years were mostly just me dicking around without much effort put into it... but I was finally on pace to play every single game for the year before it was shut down*cough*was hacked*cough.

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 1

I've seen 3 sell outs at Phipps Plaza 14 for Despicable Me 2 for its matinees (the 1:10 sold out 1 hour and 45 minutes in advance) and 1 sell out at 11:40am at Century City 15 (nearly 3 and half hours in advance)

More sellouts reported.
  • Like 1

Box Office Mojo just got a head start on all other box office sites. Their archive is the only reason everyone goes to it. The layout is complete shit. 

It does make me wonder why there isn't any other site that duplicates their archives (well, except for the-numbers.com, which has an even more archaic layout).

Sean was pretty nice if you got to know him-Ray was a nice guy but not a great admin.

Anyway-what are people seeing next?

It's weird. BOM has always had administration problems, even from the beginning. World of KJ wouldn't exist if they didn't. 

As much as I miss the derby-part of me is actually glad since I am no longer getting upset over some movie disappointing/over performing due to my derby :P

I just now realized that the-numbers.com is still up and running.

That website is beyond fucking horrible. Who the fuck thought of the purple layout? 

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

Feel the same way about all the hard work my partner and I put into running IESB.

I forget exactly, what went down there? I used to read it every day.

First box office site I went to was in Summer 1998-it had a top 60 for each week. It then turned into a Spanish language site.

I also use to go to Greg's previews or something like that-but then it got bought out by Yahoo.

There was one box office site I use to go to also called Craig's Box Office or something.There use to be a lot more sites for stuff like this.

Anyway-what are people seeing next?

I just watched WHD this afternoon. It was entertaining enough but

(big spoiler for the ending)

the flag waving ending was cringe-worthy.

All in all, it felt pretty equal to OHF. WHD might have had a few more smiles and laughs in it (though just about every good one was spoiled in the trailers and commercials), though OHF had slightly better military style action.

I really felt like I was watching a remake of OHF though. The release dates for the two needed to be much further apart.