CJohn

Wednesday Numbers | Despicable Me 2 - 34M | The Lone Ranger - 9.67M | Kevin Hart - 4.9M

Box Office Mojo just got a head start on all other box office sites. Their archive is the only reason everyone goes to it. The layout is complete shit. 

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

Brandon's analyses at the end of his "run" were far worse than Ray's current ones. He was basically the biggest negative nancy I've ever seen.

He was probably unhappy with what was happened with Mojo at that point. Hard to blame him for being a little jaded, but yeah, I remember that too.

Like what?

Constantly using adjusted figures to downplay the success of a film. It's ok to bring that up every once in a while, but every single weekend and often multiple times in the same article is ridiculous, IMO.

It's the nature of BO reporting that ticket sales don't get recorded, so bringing it up all the time is unnecessary, IMO.

• Like 2

I'm still pissed I lost my derby. I finished #2 on one of those bitches one weekend, and that was when I still didn't completely understand box office. I only imagine what my percentages would be like now. Dammit, IMDB, you could've at least kept that. I was "bee93sc" btw.

Edited by LeFlop James
  • Like 1

Are foreign numbers pretty hard to keep up with? Our forums seem to always have updated numbers yet Box Office Mojo seriously fucking sucks at OS numbers.

• Founder / Operator

Shawn I remember I used to think you were Brandon years ago! :)

Hah, I'll take that as a compliment?

He definitely was something of an indirect mentor for me, I'd say. (In the early years.)

• Like 1

Brandon's analyses at the end of his "run" were far worse than Ray's current ones. He was basically the biggest negative nancy I've ever seen.

Brandon was one of the few people to pick Star Trek to breakout and overall his predictions have been highly accurate save for a few films.

I'm still pissed I lost my derby. I finished #2 on one of those bitches one weekend, and that was when I still didn't completely understand box office. I only imagine what my percentages would be like now. Dammit, IMDB, you could've at least kept that.

We lost fucking everything when they drove us out didn't we? That's why some still hate them with a passion. :angry:

• Like 1

Are foreign numbers pretty hard to keep up with? Our forums seem to always have updated numbers yet Box Office Mojo seriously fucking sucks at OS numbers.

Only Ray cares about international numbers over there and he's on vacation still.