CJohn

Wednesday Numbers | Despicable Me 2 - 34M | The Lone Ranger - 9.67M | Kevin Hart - 4.9M

Wes Anderson is an over rated hack. Loved by other actors/directors and critics and paying customers hate most of his movies.

I like most of his stuff (I think he's one of the best visual directors working today), but Steve Zissou was a giant piece of crap. 

Wes Anderson is a tinker. He painstakingly structures the composition of every shot he shoots, and I'd imagine its a pain in the ass for the DOP and the whole crew. This, however, creates some jawdropping imagery. For example you can take a screenshot from Darjeeling Limited at any random moment, and you could put that image on your wall. 

• Like 1

Wes Anderson is an over rated hack. Loved by other actors/directors and critics and paying customers hate most of his movies.

Come on bud, that's bs...common masses are not the sole voice of all. I love many Wes Anderson movies, he has a unique style but obviously it's not for everyone. McDonalds is not automatically better than ones favorite 5-star steak house or sushi restaurant because it's loved and consumed by the masses...coors light is not better than a fine scotch for the same reason, etc, etc.And great for DM2 and bombs away for loan ranger...any Shays reactions yet? ha Edited by FTF
  • Like 1

Come on bud, that's bs...common masses are not the sole voice of all. I love many Wes Anderson movies, he has a unique style but obviously it's not for everyone. McDonalds is not automatically better than ones favorite 5-star steak house or sushi restaurant because it's loved and consumed by the masses...coors light is not better than a fine scotch for the same reason, etc, etc.

But you know that baumer is Mr. General Audience, right?