AniNate

Pixels | Chris Columbus | July 24, 2015 | Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Michelle Monaghan, Josh Gad, Peter Dinklage

I think the problem is that those who would normally be attracted to this by the premise alone are put off by the presence of Sandler yet the Happy Madison audience probably doesn't care to see him in a more action-oriented role. As mentioned before, this is shaping up to be Bedtime Stories 2.0, although I think this is going tp end up making a bit less than that did.

Edited by filmlover

If this opens in the mid 20s you have to put the blame on Sony. This was their only potential tentpole of the summer and they really dropped the ball on marketing. I've barely seen anything.

they've got the IMDB to whore this thing, that aside, I think Sony quite rightly wants to spend as little as possible on this

A lead change would probably turn this into a mega hit.

Imagine this movie with Chris Pratt and Channing Tatum instead of Adam Sandler and Kevin James. 

Also with a funnier script.

This could have been something I'd be interested in seeing, but a bad cast + bad jokes = no way I'm spending money on this.

• Like 5

Rough year for Sony following a damaging hack and even more damaging press. At least Ricki and the Flash should do fine compared to budget/expectations (I'm pretty sure everyone has expected it to see returns closer to Hope Springs than The Devil Wears Prada this whole time), and they have a few promising films on their fall roster including Hotel Transylvania 2, Goosebumps, The Walk, the Seth Rogen/Joseph Gordon-Levitt Xmas movie (which I believe is now being called The Night Before), and Will Smith's Concussion.

Rough year for Sony following a damaging hack and even more damaging press. At least Ricki and the Flash should do fine compared to budget/expectations (I'm pretty sure everyone has expected it to see returns closer to Hope Springs than The Devil Wears Prada this whole time), and they have a few promising films on their fall roster including Hotel Transylvania 2, Goosebumps, The Walk, the Seth Rogen/Joseph Gordon-Levitt Xmas movie (which I believe is now being called The Night Before), and Will Smith's Concussion.

Goosebumps is gonna be an epic flop. 

• Like 3

Imagine this movie with Chris Pratt and Channing Tatum instead of Adam Sandler and Kevin James. 

This could have been something I'd be interested in seeing, but a bad cast + bad jokes = no way I'm spending money on this.

The casting of Kevin James as the President was more for self-amusement on Sandler's part than an inspired bit of comedic Presidential casting.

yeah, if it was a completely different movie that would probably be an improvement..or if they just burned the footage

If this opens in the mid 20s you have to put the blame on Sony. This was their only potential tentpole of the summer and they really dropped the ball on marketing. I've barely seen anything.

Weird, they bought ad space in seemingly every bus stop in the Bay Area two months ago.

You forgot their most valuable film, Spectre. 

Honestly, 2016 should be better for Sony:

The Fifth Wave, Grimsby in the winter/spring 

Angry Birds, Ghostbusters , Sausage Party in summer

Sony Pictures Animation,  Inferno and probably Passengers in fall

Not very huge films but solid enough. I think they will move The Magnificent 7 to 2016 as well.

Edited by babz06

If it does flop, Sandler has to take the fall.

I was interested in this when it was a short by Patrick Jean going to be made into a movie.

The minute Sandler's production company took it on, my anticipation dropped, when Sandler was starring, I had zero interest.

The trailer piqued it slightly, but after many months, my first impression is still "It's a Sandler movie, it'll be shit".

• Like 1