AniNate

Pixels | Chris Columbus | July 24, 2015 | Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Michelle Monaghan, Josh Gad, Peter Dinklage

Holy crap that thing with

Ashley Benson's character turning into a literal trophy

...yeah that dude is annoyingly hyperbolic but I hope this thing bombs now. That sounds depressingly bad.

I don't get the entitlement issues with "Oh Happy Madison is taking my beloved video games and shitting all over it! Oh no!" ...even if this were a massive hit (and from all accounts it sounds like it will not be), does anybody really think that this would become the future embodiment of all those franchises?

I mean... you video gamers have "Wreck-It Ralph" which also has Q-Bert in it. So...

Speaking of which: if Pixels BOMBS I really hope Disney doesn't misread it and cancels development of Ralph 2.

I'm conflicted now.

• Like 1

Oh my god. And yet I thought this could be good by the fact that this "is" a Chris Colombus movie rather than an Adam Sandlar movie :(

What is a Chris Columbus movie anyways?

He's guy who's only as good as his material, i.e. his Harry Potter movies compared to something like I Love You, Beth Cooper, a POS attempt at high school antics, and the first Percy Jackson, a bland Harry Potter knock-off that's only notable to me for giving my goddess her first taste of public exposure.

So when he's directing a movie that stars a self-absorbed businessman who can't keep his crummy paws off the script...

Edited by Jay Daddeezy
  • Like 2

What is a Chris Columbus movie anyways?

He's guy who's only as good as his material, i.e. his Harry Potter movies compared to something like I Love You, Beth Cooper, a POS attempt at high school antics, and the first Percy Jackson, a bland Harry Potter knock-off that's only notable to me for giving my goddess her first taste of public exposure.

Mrs. Doubtfire is a great comedy, and the first two Harry Potters are great as well. Home Alone is classic, and I would argue that Home Alone 2 is great as well. Also, I have argued continuously that the first Percy Jackson movie is pretty good. It isn't fantastic or groundbreaking, but it is interesting and pretty entertaining. Considering the second was so bad, I would credit a lot of that first film to Colombus.
  • Like 1

Mrs. Doubtfire is a great comedy, and the first two Harry Potters are great as well. Home Alone is classic, and I would argue that Home Alone 2 is great as well. Also, I have argued continuously that the first Percy Jackson movie is pretty good. It isn't fantastic or groundbreaking, but it is interesting and pretty entertaining. Considering the second was so bad, I would credit a lot of that first film to Colombus.

Sorry, but as much as I like some of his movies, and even the ones that he used to write back in the day, Chris Columbus is a studio hack.

• Like 1

Sorry, but as much as I like some of his movies, and even the ones that he used to write back in the day, Chris Columbus is a studio hack.

Acknowledged. I can't agree, but I'm not one to get into arguments about "I'm right you're wrong." :)
  • Like 2

This is one of the most ill informed ridiculously ignorant statements ever uttered.