Jack Nevada

Ideal movie length

I have no real answer for this, it totally depends on the movie itself and the story its telling.

Agree, as some movies bore me at 90 minutes...and some I am fine at for 150 minutes as the movie flows well.

I like 135 min for action movies and 100 min for everything else. It makes me feel like I get my money's worth and it's hard for a movie to feel too long at 100 min

That said, it can't be longer than 150 min period generally. Most movies feel bloated past that point

That said, it can't be longer than 150 min period generally. Most movies feel bloated past that point

no. two of my favourites, barry lyndon and dogville, are well over 150 minutes. and sitting on my to-watch list is seven samurai, inland empire and andrei rublev, and given their reputation i don't expect being bloated to be among their problems.

and i suppose there's lord of the rings, too.

Edited by lisa

Um it depends comedies have no need to be over 1 hr and 40 mins and animation films as well.

Generic non comic book films should not be over 2 hours.

Comic books never longer then 2.5 hrs.

It depends I really like thold epic films of days past that were like 3 and 3.5 hrs long. The really told a grand story and by the end you go wow look at how the film started and where it ended.

That was my thinking when I watched films like Lawrence of Arabia, GWTW, Ben Hur and Godfather and such.

Um it depends comedies have no need to be over 1 hr and 40 mins and animation films as well.

Generic non comic book films should not be over 2 hours.

Comic books never longer then 2.5 hrs.

It depends I really like thold epic films of days past that were like 3 and 3.5 hrs long. The really told a grand story and by the end you go wow look at how the film started and where it ended.

That was my thinking when I watched films like Lawrence of Arabia, GWTW, Ben Hur and Godfather and such.

Do you think 1 hour, 35 minutes and 22 seconds would be good length for a comedy?

I don't mind long movies at all. I feel like 2.5-3 hours gives adequate time to really make you care for the characters and realize the stakes in the film. Plus I feel like I'm getting more film for the money =) As long as it isn't super slow paced (like watching 3 straight episodes of The Walking Dead), then I'm on board.

• Like 1