Biggestgeekever

Wkend #s: 82.5 DM2, 29.4 TFR, 25 Heat, 19.6 MU

yeah - to be honest im dissapointed in the summer-i mean I did like STiD a lot and I love MoS but besides that there hasn't been a lot I've liked-This is The End was pretty funny but there's been a lot of downers. IDK feels like a weird summer to me and July , IDK man, Ill give pac Rim a shot but not hoping for much and ill give wolvie a shot.  I really hoping Elysium comes thru.

IM3 really was not good-idk-i love marvel and iron man but geez after that awesome first movie they really dropped the ball....when u resort to guy pierce shooting fireballs out of his mouth and gwyneth paltrow saving the day u know ur hurting

Edited by holcs
  • Like 2

You know wh I'm not disappointed with the summer? Cause I've learned...top notch films that aren't mindless simply don't come out in summer anymore...and I totally enjoyed Star Trek and Man of Steel...and Fast and Furious 6 was just fun, and airin Man 3 was at least enjoyable.Yeah, nothing is amazing (though Man of Steel kind of did it for me)...but it's really no different than normal summer fare. the best movies rarely come out in summer, just the most bombastic.

• Like 1

yeah - to be honest im dissapointed in the summer-i mean I did like STiD a lot and I love MoS but besides that there hasn't been a lot I've liked-This is The End was pretty funny but there's been a lot of downers. IDK feels like a weird summer to me and July , IDK man, Ill give pac Rim a shot but not hoping for much and ill give wolvie a shot.  I really hoping Elysium comes thru. IM3 really was not good-idk-i love marvel and iron man but geez after that awesome first movie they really dropped the ball....when u resort to guy pierce shooting fireballs out of his mouth and gwyneth paltrow saving the day u know ur hurting

Better than last summer IMO.
  • Like 2

Better than last summer IMO.

really idk-the combination of the Avengers and TDKR - im in the camp that really liked both- think i gave the avengers an 8.75 and tdkr a 9.5 ...idk those two movies did it for me.  I guess you guys are right tho we've had some damn good movies.  STiD was pretty awesome - only thing that takes away from that for me was cumberpatches overacting a little-i love chris pine as kirk-great casting. And then if you like MoS which i love then yeah the summers are pretty close so far-it just looks like a weak july but we'll see...pac Rim might be great...who knows wolvie might turn out to be awesome.  Elysium tho that's the movie im really holding out hope for

Three films quality wise blew me away. TITE WHD and NYSM. Thre wre a couple that were good like DM2and Internship but for most part irs been a disappointing summer.

You have to take into account the fact that TLR is an outright bad movie and MOS isn't exactly a great one. (It isn't even good, IMO.) Their quality naturally affects their box office performance. 

^_^

Edited by zackzack

drops from last friday:

The Heat - 38.7%

MU - 51.4%

WWZ - 32.2%

WHD - 48.9%

MOS - 36.7%

TITE - 19.2%

NYSM - 46.3%

STID - 29.3%

F&F6 - 59.7%

That's a really good drop for The Heat from it's opening day!

NYSM, the movie that never dies

• Like 1

Three films quality wise blew me away. TITE WHD and NYSM. Thre wre a couple that were good like DM2and Internship but for most part irs been a disappointing summer.

Cant comment for WHD yet-i will see it but TITE was def the best comedy ive seen in awhile. Haven't seen the Heat yet.  Now You See Me was just Ok for me... it was cool because it was original somewhat but yeah i walked out with a shrug like ok onto the next movie...maybe im biased tho because i can't stand eisenberg.  Internship and DM2 are rentals for me just because intenship seems like a rental and dm2 is a animated movie which im not huge into so ill check em out for sure later.  Again, blew me away I guess are MoS and STiD. Repeated viewer for both-awesome movies

drops from last friday:

The Heat - 38.7%

MU - 51.4%

WWZ - 32.2%

WHD - 48.9%

MOS - 36.7%

TITE - 19.2%

NYSM - 46.3%

STID - 29.3%

F&F6 - 59.7%

That's a really good drop for The Heat from it's opening day!

I'm pretty happy to see that TITE, WWZ and MOS show some signs of legs/late legs.

• Like 2

IMU was good too but not great, same with a few films.  But this summer has been a bit of a let down to me.

• Like 1

This whole year has been a let down for me.

Evil Dead, Man of Steel, The Purge, Side Effects and Would You Rather are the only films I would bother watching again so far. Thats 5 out of 40.

I have big hopes for The Heat, The Conjuring, The Bling Ring and You're Next.

• Like 1

A couple hundred of those being drive-ins

Yes, good point.  Can't forget about those.  Right now we have The Heat and TITE playing together...I'm thinking about going tonight.