Biggestgeekever

Wkend #s: 82.5 DM2, 29.4 TFR, 25 Heat, 19.6 MU

The Call will become a cult hit. Definitely

The Call is one of those movies that has just the right levels of bad in it to be laughably bad. Some movies are just bad and boring, The Call definitely is not, the story progresses relatively quickly, and they don't waste more than a minute or two showing us Halle Berry's personal life.

Despite being a bad movie, I found it to be highly entertaining.

• Like 2

The Call is one of those movies that has just the right levels of bad in it to be laughably bad. Some movies are just bad and boring, The Call definitely is not, the story progresses relatively quickly, and they don't waste more than a minute or two showing us Halle Berry's personal life.

Despite being a bad movie, I found it to be highly entertaining.

There are so many hilarious running gags too. Bridesmaids, capricorns, and "it's already done" ... I was dying in the theater. :lol:

It's hot as fuck in NYC... 97 degrees!

It is the hottest day of the year over here. It killed every single theater. Man of Steel dropped 80% today in comparison to last Saturday and Despicable Me 2 is bombing, doing half of what Croods did last March.

It is the hottest day of the year over here. It killed every single theater. Man of Steel dropped 80% today in comparison to last Saturday and Despicable Me 2 is bombing, doing half of what Croods did last March.

If that happened over here, the meltdowns would've been fantastic

Meh...7.2 is better than just 7 I guess...still a horrible weekend for MU. At least it will probably have a great hold next week...

Edited by Sims

The Cars university is fucked. It completely breaks apart under any scrutiny.

Forget the Monsters Inc prequel, I want to see a Cars prequel in which mankind is enslaved and descimated by Mater and friends.
  • Like 3

Theater seems pretty packed here. Of coarse it's the only theater in about a 40 mile radius, LOL. Love seeing all these really good movies out at one time. Saw MU Thursday and just got out of WWZ. Both were really good. Looking forward to seeing DM2 next and I actually kinda want to see TLR but I'll probably just wait till it comes out on video.

If that happened over here, the meltdowns would've been fantastic

DM2 just under 100M, then?

lol

Meltdown, indeed.

It would have spare us all these "Illumination is the new Pixar" talk.

• Like 1

Cloudy with meatballs was a suprisingly good film! I dreaded seeing the film, and when I saw it it was very good, better than DM perhaps.

I found Cloudy With A Chance very good, too, maybe because I had low expectations going in based on the trailers. It was definitely better than DM, in my opinion. I'm looking forward to the sequel because the trailers are funny.

I prefer Dreamworks animation to Pixar because the former manage to be brilliantly hilarious while hitting emotional notes without being obvious about it. Shrek and Megamind are my favorites but most of the others are great, too. The Kung Fu Panda series suffered a bit from Pixar-like heavy-handedness when it came to the "moral of the story" and heartstring-tugging elements.

• Founder / Operator

Forget the Monsters Inc prequel, I want to see a Cars prequel in which mankind is enslaved and descimated by Mater and friends.

I might be alone in this, but I wish Pixar had been the one to create Planes--and I wish it had been in place of Cars 2 (though somehow still bringing back McQueen and a few other characters).

• Like 3

I might be alone in this, but I wish Pixar had been the one to create Planes--and I wish it had been in place of Cars 2 (though somehow still bringing back McQueen and a few other characters).

You are not.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1