Gopher

Rex Reed: Worst Prominent Film Critic Working Today?

I think he's hilarious. He's obviously completely worthless as an objective arbiter of film quality, but his hatchet jobs are to die for. His Great Gatsby review was the funniest thing I've read in ages.

I think he's hilarious. He's obviously completely worthless as an objective arbiter of film quality, but his hatchet jobs are to die for. His Great Gatsby review was the funniest thing I've read in ages.

I just read that, and oh my I laughed my ass off, but I haven't seen the movie so that probably helped.

He's always been an asshole.  He's been around 30 years too long.

Yep, not sure why he is included on MetaCritic. Really hurts the credibility of a site that generally has a good collection of critics. Reed goes out of his way to insult the intelligence of the people reading his reviews. Talk about biting the hand that feeds.

• Like 1

#RexReedReviews is trending right now :lol:

Tom Nix @TheTomNix 1h

SKYFALL: After 23 films they finally kill James Bond. Good riddance to this disgustingly salacious franchise. #RexReedReviews

Alonso Duralde @ADuralde 1h

THE WIZARD OF OZ: I was told this would be in color. What a rip-off. #RexReedReviews

Sean O'Connell @Sean_OConnell

THE INCREDIBLES: Bob Parr is a retired superhero who hates his job, wife and kids. Depressing stuff by Pixar's standards. #RexReedReviews

Edited by Pacific Blank
  • Like 1

He's just an old geezer who's out of touch with modern pop culture and sensibilities.

Rex Reed once gave a glowing review to Angel Heart.  Said it made the Exorcist look like Anne of Green Gables.  I agreed with that review.

Sadly, it has been downhill ever since.

I've now watched the first episode of V/H/S 2, and Mr. Reed must either be a giant pussy or he's never seen a horror movie before. I have no idea what prompted him to leave after a really rather mild bit of found footage horror.