luna

Most overrated directors

this, Davy Jones effects still rivals with today's effects imo, just compare X3 or SR to DMC, it's not fair.

I watched X-men 3 and SR this week actually and you are correct. Davy Jones was the first CG character (or face) to look photo real. 

Posted Image

like WOW!

• Like 3

Most geek-worshipped directors are laughably overrated.

JJ Abrams is an immitator, not a visionary, not a single original thing about this guy. Slavishly decidated to copying his idols.Also crippled by collaboration with his terrible writer-buddies Kurzman, orci and Lindeloff.

PJ peeked with FOTR and it's just WETA show reel since. He'll never be able to go back to story-telling over SFX overkill and bloat because every single movie he made since only has those faults more and more enhanced.

Favz - lol, tlak about totlaly blah mediocre director who lucked out with RDJ casting in IM. That's all to his credit worth noting.

GdT - sure, Pan's was great but the talk about Blade 2 and Hellboy series as if they are some kind of masterpiece gotta stop.Like, really? :rofl:

edgar Wright - OMG, he makes quirky movies! How...90s when Buffy was quirky.

GdT best movie is The Devil's Backbone,imo.

Edited by efialtes76

The thing about Coppola is that he has four masterpieces and absolutely nothing else worth watching.

The two Godfathers and Apocalypse Now, what's the fourth one? Didn't like Apocalypse Now. The whole movie seemed to gear me up for something epic at the end but did not deliver.

Goodfellas was boring.

Sorry, I know we are all entitled to our own opinions but this is stunning to me.  I've never heard anyone say that before.

I also found Goodfellas boring. Except for a few scenes. The scene where

Tommy seems angry at Henry

was one of the most suspenseful scenes I have ever seen.

Woody Allen boring too

I like directors that make geek films (sci-fi, thriller, CBM, etc) better. dont like directors that make serious movies, or boring dramas.

Oh... Now it makes sense why you are so... different.

Woody Allen boring too

I like directors that make geek films (sci-fi, thriller, CBM, etc) better. dont like directors that make serious movies, or boring dramas.

Danny Boyle made two geek-friendly movies in 28 Days Later and Sunshine

Woody Allen boring too I like directors that make geek films (sci-fi, thriller, CBM, etc) better. dont like directors that make serious movies, or boring dramas.

So you don't like good movies therefore they are overrated? Lol

Yeah, Woody Allen is one of the worst directors out there. His films are full of narcissism and nonsenses. Cant believe that guy has produced craps for almost half century and still goes on.

I was almost going to watch Match Point until I realized it was from WA.

Terrence Malick is boring too but at least his films are very very good looking.

Edited by firedeep

Boyle is overrated. Slumdog is one of the worst BP winners ever. It was good for what it was, a little feelgood movie with an exotic backdrop, but 1000 galaxies far far away from best of the year.

28 days Later and Sunshine drop the ball in the second half (military in 28DL and slasher horror in Sunshine).

So, overall, he's still riding on Trianspotting coattails.

Edited by fishnets