#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

Believe it or not, the only film that scared me when I was a child was Carrie. I saw tons of horrors, slashers, and supernatural thrillers, and yet it was this little film about the bullied girl with a talent for telekinesis what made me stay up all night, shivering. :)

I watched everything from looney toons, ultraman, monster... I mean Kaiju movies, cowboy/western etc.

I was a spoiled little kid with TV back in the day thanks to the almighty satellite TV.

Watching Alien on TV with my dad is a good memory to have :D

Fun facts about this weekend's new openers (Turbo, RIPD, Red 2 and The Conjuring):

1. Two Ryan Reynold leading two flop films that compete with each other to be the bigger flop on the same weekend.

2. Agent Mary-Louise Parker from the Rest in Peace Department VS agent Mary-Louise Parker from C.I.A

3. Robert Schwentke directed both RIPD and Red.

• Like 5

Rinko did kick ass ... I haven't seen her in anything since Babel, so it was a nice surprise. (I wasn't aware she was in this film)

Brothers Bloom :wub:

You know what scared the shit out of me the most was the video for Thriller. The scene where Jackson turns into the werewolf terrified me. In fact I still think it's creepy

im still scared of it & this planted my fears & dislike for Zombies I couldnt overcome til this year

with WWZ & Warm bodies

Edited by Leyla

It doesn't have the family appeal in this one to reach the total of the first.  But this will probably do close to 130 mill and that means it will have retained more than 80% of its audience.  Not bad for such a shitty film imo.

• Like 2

i guess quality of film doesn't translate into BO total. we also had 1 shitty film get over $100m..it was identity thief

If Smurfs 2 makes more than Elysium this will be true, especially how this weekend a good film flopped, while 2013's worst film was a hit...

No way!

Smurfs 2 will do $80m max.

I hope. Then again, I also though GU2 would make under $100m. And Elysium might be harder to sell to the GA than D9, because Elysium has more political undertones.

Rinko did better than Hunnam IMO, but I think that's mostly because Mako was written better than Raleigh.But the whole film could've been done in 10 minutes if they just cloned Idris Elba and let them loose. The Elbas will tear the crap out of the kaijus within seconds.