#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

I personally don't see strong legs for PR.  I could be wrong of course but the film tries hard, but imo, it's a bit of a mess.

Even WITH the 3.6+14+, you'd barely get much over 40-42 ... not up to 44.  I have no clue what she's smoking ... or what the person giving #s to her is smoking.

14.5+3.6=18.1That would mean a 47M OW if it follows WWZ 3 day trajectory.....

Box Office: ‘Pacific Rim’ Hovering $38 Million for the Weekend

Guillermo del Toro’s “Pacific Rim” may not be a “Lone Ranger” bomb at the box office but neither is it a monster performer, at least not in the U.S.

Fanboys generated a husky $3.6 million Thursday night, similar to surprise hit “World War Z” ($66 mil debut), but according to early estimates, the $200 million “Pacific Rim” was only tracking around $38 million for the weekend, just as industry analysts projected for the sci-fi tentpole.

“It started off really strong but then it fell off,” one analyst said.

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/box-office-pacific-rim-hovering-at-38-million-for-the-weekend-1200562349/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DErOM2tIfwM

A shark twister

• Like 1

Yeah ... based on talk here, I was expecting well over 18 ... hmm, always lowering #s ... :( BTW Ed, speaking to your sig ... I enjoyed the minions ... but no way in hell could I handle a minions spin off movie.  Would be unbearable for 90 minutes.

I'm sure it will be fine. They're too funny.

Actually you can since nothing is certain yet lol

Just wait for Rth before confirming it's good or bad lol

Well, I certainly wouldn't consider under 40 million good regardless for a film that cost 200 million dollars ... no matter that tracking was even lower than that.

Edited by Adam
  • Like 1

Well, I certainly wouldn't consider under 40 million good regardless for a film that cost 200 million dollars ... regardless of tracking being lower than that.

I thought it was WWZ that is gonna suffer this fate but instead....

I am very  :( even if PR lives up to the high end estimate of mid 40s

O/U Hellboy 2 adjusted opening weekend ... $38,195,100

Can't see it going over at this point.

We've done this dance with Nikke's numbers before so I'll wait for the eulogy until Rth confirms these numbers.  ;)  :D