#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

I seriously can't fathom why people would want to see Grown Ups 2. I've heard from various people that it insults all senses.

Didn't you read the RT consensus? It's the "movie going event of the year for fans of deer piss humor." Clearly that's a huge market. ;)

I think I figured out the curse. It can't switch just because he liked a movie he hated sight unseen or hated a movie that he supported sight unseen. The first curse (support or not sight unseen) is the real one. hence why PR is flopping (he supported it and removing support after the viewing didn't remove original curse).

:lol: The Shay curse sure is a fascinating subject. Thesis should be written  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Even if it's looking like I was right, l can't possibly celebrate this film losing to fucking Grown Ups 2. Ugh.

Quoted for truth. I would rather be wrong and eat crow than PR gross less than GU2. I just hope for toxic WOM for GU2. 2x multi would be a great gift for an undeservedly high OW.

Most Americans are idiots and like stuff the appeals to the lowest common denominator like GU2. :angry:

Well, I won't dwell on the silly generalization going on here (as if ones taste in movies is a reasonable metric for a populations intelligence, especially one seen by much less than 5% of the population...but you're not an idiot, so you know that, right?)...But silly, LCD entertainment, if that's what we want to call it...is loved and appreciated worldwide. Lets not even begin to pretend otherwise. And quite frankly, there's nothing inherently wrong with that either. I recently watched a Japanese movie about shit and fart zombies...I certainly don't think it is a commentary on the relative intelligence of Japan or myself. Neither should you. Hell I enjoyed That's My Boy. Am I an idiot for laughing at that movie?
  • Like 1

I would never see GU2 in theaters but I will definitely watch it on TV. Sandler has developed a unique brand of fascinatingly terrible films. 

No they are not terrible, they are dull.

Sandler's acting is now reduced to contorting

his face & mouth and screaming & squirming &

more screaming. I think everybody here will have

more fun watching  the SHARKNADO!!!!

LOL Don't get mad because more people would rather watch GU2 than Pacific Rim. People like to laugh. It's nothing new. I was hoping for more for Pac Rim but sadly it's not to be. Oh well.

• Like 1

Budgets need to be slashed down to more reasonable levels. Then an original property like PR wouldn't be set up to flop.

PR's budget was completely fine, given the type of film it was.What doomed Rim, and I hate to beat a dead horse here, was the fact that Legendary split from Warner Brothers around the time that the film was made, so Warner Brothers didn't really need to give a damn about the film because it wasn't theirs anymore.

Budgets need to be slashed down to more reasonable levels. Then an original property like PR wouldn't be set up to flop.

Granted, Pacific Rim with a slashed budget would be...a different type of movie. I admire risks like this. Moviemaking can be risky, I for one despite my fascination with box office admire that even when they don't perform.