#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

Budgets need to be slashed down to more reasonable levels. Then an original property like PR wouldn't be set up to flop.

This! Budgets have gotten so out of control for original films in particular it's a no-win situation for most of said movies from the get go.

LOL Don't get mad because more people would rather watch GU2 than Pacific Rim. People like to laugh. It's nothing new. I was hoping for more for Pac Rim but sadly it's not to be. Oh well.

If people laugh at films like Grown Ups 2, then I weep for our country.

No they are not terrible, they are dull.

Sandler's acting is now reduced to contorting

his face & mouth and screaming & squirming &

more screaming. I think everybody here will have

more fun watching  the SHARKNADO!!!!

I wouldn't call them dull, they are usually outrageous. But definitely terrible. Speaking about Jack & Jill, That's My Boy, and Just Go With It as opposed to his other films which are usually funny and have their own charm. 

Edited by Clavius

LOL Don't get mad because more people would rather watch GU2 than Pacific Rim. People like to laugh. It's nothing new. I was hoping for more for Pac Rim but sadly it's not to be. Oh well.

I'd rather they see This Is the End for laughs.
  • Like 2

PR's budget was completely fine, given the type of film it was. 

Anything over $125m for an original property without anything giving it guaranteed appeal is never "fine." Marketing costs have to be added to the budget too, so it's not just like 180m was all they spent on PR total. That was just its budget.

No it was not. $200m for a non-established property is absolutely ludicrous and a huge risk.

Del Toro never went overbudget according to official reports. He also wanted the Jaguar's to be authentic.

And the budget is actually listed as 180 million on most sites.