#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

so how badly will this hurt Guillermo Del Toro? 

Why should it hurt him? It's not his fault it failed.

Warner Brothers will never admit it’s their fault, but Legendary Pictures should have marketed THEIR MOVIE.

I can’t wait to see Warner Brothers marketing for Godzilla. I’m sure it’ll stink.

Edited by Boxofficefanatic

Why should it hurt him? It's not his fault it failed.

Warner Brothers will never admit it’s their fault, but Legendary Pictures should have marketed THEIR MOVIE.

I can’t wait to see Warner Brothers marketing for Godzilla. I’m sure it’ll stink.

PR rights are going to stay with Legendary.

Godzilla, 300 and Seventh Son rights are from WB. I am sure WB will market these 3 very hard.

Edited by CJohn

So MoS is headed to about 290M Domestically and 670M WW.Good start I guess. Expectations went high after OW. Currently the highest grossing Film WW after IM3 this year.

I see 295 m DOM at the very least.

and Fast and Furious 6 is 2nd WW.

His next project will be on the studios terms.

No more blank checks, creatively or financially.

WB sucks. Del Toro made his movie, a lot of his critics enjoyed it, but they had to dump it.

PR rights are going to stay with Legendary.

Godzilla, 300 and Seventh Son rights are from WB. I am sure WB will market these 3 very hard.

Their still made by legendary, and considering WB was responsible for marketing Pacific Rim, I don't see their marketing campaigns being any better than Pacific Rim's.

So MoS is headed to about 290M Domestically and 670M WW.Good start I guess. Expectations went high after OW. Currently the highest grossing Film WW after IM3 this year.

WB aren't going to let it finish with less than 300. At this point in release, SR was at 175 with lower dailies - WB dragged it to 200, with higher dailies than SR, it should be easier to get this to 300, especially if IMAX theaters start programming MoS again for 2 shows a day following PRs OW.

• Like 1

What? Fast and Furious 6 is 695 million WW.

• Like 2

I don't know how much extra marketing would've helped Pacific Rim.

It's appeal is purely fanboy-driven.

They could have made the trailers more exciting to say the least.

The movie wasn't exactly made for fanboys, (Del-Toro says it was made for our inner child), but the trailers were.

I don't know how much extra marketing would've helped Pacific Rim.

It's appeal is purely fanboy-driven.

You can't force people into liking a given premise, no matter how brilliant your trailers or marketing are.

People like shape shifting robots, Jaegers & Kayus, not so much.

WB aren't going to let it finish with less than 300. At this point in release, SR was at 175 with lower dailies - WB dragged it to 200, with higher dailies than SR, it should be easier to get this to 300, especially if IMAX theaters start programming MoS again for 2 shows a day following PRs OW.

The theater landscape has changed pretty heavily since 2006. 2006 was less crowded by this point in Superman Returns' run. Wolverine may put the final nail in the 300 million run.