#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

Something alluring about the bizarro realities of Bay's movieverse... I certainly prefer del Toro as a filmmaker. That said, so far as I'm concerned, Pacific Rim brought him closer to Bay rather than separate the two. Pretty dull characters, inane dialogue, nonsensical storytelling rampant throughout Pacific Rim. Certainly a fun flick with fantastic creature design and scope though. And, I do prefer the back story and world building to what Bay gave us with Transformers.

I dont understand the whole "a flop will be covered by a success" thing. Never have. A studios goal is to make as much money as possible. Disney covered JC's losses with TA, but that means less money they get from TA. You dont want to use one movie to mask another, you want JC and TA to be profitable. Why use IM3 and MU to cover TLR, when you want money from all 3? If I was an exec, I wouldnt be so light on flops. I'd get tired of having to use another movie to cover a movie every year, thats less money I get.

You nailed it.

People thinks Universal is swimming into DM2's money and F&F6. They won't for very long.

A big chunk of those earnigns are gonna disappear when RIPD and 47 Ronin are released.

No executive wants to have a flop the size of Lone Ranger, no executive wants to loose hundreds of millions of dollars, no executive thinks it s cool to have your hits covering for your misses.

Maths are stubborn I am sorry.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2

Having stated my case on Bay I can't say I am a big GDT fan either. Pan Labyrinth is great but none of his other films have drawn me in much. PR looks simplistic and dull.

I really don't think that PR is intended to be that sophisticated.

Posted Image

If money meant quality in film making, then Grown Ups 2 would be a certified fresh. We were discussing the quality of film making from the directors, not the money they make. GDT made Pan's Labyrinth, a film with 96% fresh, and several oscar nominations. The only awards show Bay has ever been nominated in is the razzies. Bay is shit with characters. Del Toro knows how to make a film with good characters.

People didn't go to see those films for the human characters, they went to see the action or maybe the robots or cars. Transformers had one dimensional characters whose every line was cringe worthy. I'll quote my favorite reviewer on the main difference between PR and TF:

'Comparing Pacific Rim to Transformers is like comparing Jurassic Park to Theodore Rex

because they both have dinosaurs'

So I guess Neo is no the only one trying to act as if this is the next Jurassic Park. Not happening

Looks like PR fanboys are getting mad their film is not going to be the next big break out hit like they were constantly boasting and that not everyone is part of their little clique

We've got you right where we want you

Posted Image

• Like 3

Is there a way to not see certain members' posts? Asking for a friend..

Go to the ignore prefs up in your control panel and type in said member. Should give you an option of ignoring posts.

• Like 1

Looks like PR fanboys are getting mad their film is not going to be the next big break out hit like they were constantly boasting and that not everyone is part of their little clique

Most of us are being good sports about it. You are constantly poking and prodding us trying to start something. Edited by Omega Boner
  • Like 3

The next global economic collapse is near. And it'll make the one in 2008 look like a walk in the park.

2008 was the appetizer. The Tip of the iceberg. Childs play.

The meltdown that is coming is gonna shake our western, naive, pseudo- civilized, entitled, world to its core. 

The party will soon be over.

• Like 2